What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Non-Fiction > American history - corrections about historical lore [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meryddian (new)

Meryddian | 2 comments I was sitting in the airport yesterday across from a young woman with a book in hand which had a rather amusing title along the lines of "American Quickies". (The subtitle was something along the lines of bits of historical fact that most people have misconceptions about.) She was reading various tidbits of information from the book to whoever she was talking to on her cell phone, and it sounded really interesting, and funny. I didn't have a pen or anything handy to write down the title but I thought the title was distinctive enough to remember.

After getting home, I pulled up amazon.com and checked for "American Quickies", but nothing even vaguely like the title came up. I think the cover was white, black and read, just text.

It is NOT: "Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong" or "Don't Know Much About History: Everything You Need to Know About American History but Never Learned".

Any other ideas?

message 2: by bup (new)

bup | 84 comments Well, I won't suggest "Lies My Teacher Told Me" then.

Do you recall any of the historical factoids that people have misconceptions about?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (emmy1066) | 49 comments This?

One-Night Stands with American History:
Odd, Amusing, and Little-Known Incidents
by Richard Shenkman

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (kristathekrazykataloguer) | 104 comments It could also be History's Shocking Secrets: a Twist in Time Book by William Coate. (There's a volume 2 as well). All the books mentioned so far are really good.

message 5: by Meryddian (new)

Meryddian | 2 comments Whoo-hoo! "One-Night Stands with American History" is it, thank you!