Math is great! discussion

Studying away..

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CF (new)

CF (mrsclairef) Hi Maths peeps.

I am about to start studying a maths higher education certificate in October, and am currently working through a few different books to try and get myself up to speed. I am also using Khan Academy, which is a flippin lifesaver.

I am assuming that the maths I will be learning will be at A-Level, and I want to know anything I should committ to memory before I begin?

Thanks guys!

message 2: by Adam (new)

Adam | 13 comments I have never heard of A-Level, what does that mean?

message 3: by Catnip (new)

Catnip Everdeen (Catniss) I have a math benchmark soon. How do you guys study?

message 4: by Peter (new)

Peter Flom | 4 comments Catnip wrote: "I have a math benchmark soon. How do you guys study?"

What's a "math benchmark"? What math do you need to learn?

message 5: by Catnip (last edited Dec 15, 2012 02:49PM) (new)

Catnip Everdeen (Catniss) A math benchmark is basically a pre-end of the year test. You need to know everything you learned so far that year.

message 6: by Catnip (new)

Catnip Everdeen (Catniss) A benchmark is basically a pre-end of the year test. You have to know everything that you have learned that year. Thanks! :)

message 7: by Judy (new)

Judy | 4 comments 1. Get the objectives.
2. Look at all problem types that goes with each objective so you will recognize the problems on a test.
3. Memorize any formulas or definitions that match the objectives. Do you know which formulas are provided on these tests? Many times formulas are available so memorization is not an issue.
4. Ask yourself if there are any math formulas that you might be required to use from previous years and review those.
5. Finally, instructors give good reviews so you should be confident when the review begins and you can resolve any weak areas you have found during your individual review.
6. You can always use your old tests to study. Can you identify information in word problems to help you with your solutions?
7. Get a good night's sleep before the test and eat meals that keep your brain alert.

Good luck!!! Your final test with go so smoothly if you are studying for each of those benchmarks.