The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New Member - Amber

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (amber_) Hi everybody. I'm very glad to have found this group - I've been on goodreads for a while but mainly have stuck to Sci Fi/Fantasy groups. I am looking to expand my reading horizons, and this looks like a great group for that!

I am a librarian living in northern New Mexico. I'm married, but my husband lives in Dallas, so I have tons to time to read right now! Outside of work and reading I love cooking, gaming (board games, card games, video games... if it's a game, I'm probably a fan), soccer, and discovering high quality microbreweries around the US.

Nice to meet you all! :)

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10089 comments Mod
Hi Amber, oh yes, if you are in the market for expanding into other genres, this is definitely the right place. We read everything here... So be prepared to add loads of books to your to-buy lists!

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Nice to meet you also Amber.

message 4: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Amber,

You have come to the right place for expanding your reading horizons. Just be warned this place can get addicting. :~)

Nice to meet you.

message 5: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 101 comments Hello Amber! Welcome to the group!

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily  O (readingwhilefemale) | 140 comments Hi Amber! Welcome to the group. I'm a huge Sci-fi reader as well. What are some of your favorite books? I'm always looking for recommendations, especially if you know of any female sci-fi authors.

I see that you like to cook. Do you prefer any particular kind of cooking, or are you more of an all-around person? I absolutely love to bake. Cakes and cupcakes are my favorite things right now, though I do a lot of other more normal cooking too. Sadly I can't eat cake for dinner.

anyway, I hope you like the group, and that you find lots of interesting book recommendations here. I know I sure have.

message 7: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 101 comments Emily wrote: "Hi Amber! Welcome to the group. I'm a huge Sci-fi reader as well. What are some of your favorite books? I'm always looking for recommendations, especially if you know of any female sci-fi authors.
..."

I love to cook too Emily! Especially various dinners like Chicken with rice and I also love to bake various things like Apple Turnovers!

I'm glad that you enjoy cooking Amber! It's one of my most favorite activities to do at home!