Strictly real horror discussion

General > Your Real-Life horror moment

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciavillasenor) Lately I've been writing a memoir about all the ghostly encounters my family and myself have had over the years and I thought it might be cool to share on here and see if anyone else has been spooked at night or even in the day.

No ghostly encounter? Then maybe you've had at least one moment where you nearly peed your pants for being so darn scared?

Here's one of mine: I lived in a house a few years ago in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. for about a year. My boyfriend and I got a new puppy and we use to let her sleep on the bed with us sometimes. After we got her, I use to wake up in the middle of the night and see other dogs in the room. Once I saw a Rottweiler by her kennel, it scared the crap out of me. Another time I saw a little Pomeranian sitting at the edge of the bed. We moved and I haven't seen any ghost-dogs since.

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay (duowolf) | 5 comments When I was about 9 or 10 my great-grandfather died and we were staying at my great-grans house for the funeral and everytime I went upstairs it got really cold and I got the feeling that I was being watched even though there was noone there. I still belive to this day it was my great grandfather keeping watch over us while we were there.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 10 comments Does it have to be ghostly encounters or like a near death experience?

message 4: by Missjamesey (new)

Missjamesey | 4 comments Well...when I was younger and still living with my parents ( I really can't remember my age back then) I sometimes woke up in the middle of the night being thirsty. One time, two or three nights in a row, I saw a dwarfish shadow on the floor-wall, opposite the kitchen door. I wasn't absolutely freaked out, because I was too sleepy to really realise. And when I looked around the corner, there was nothing but the normal black areas under the table. But since then, I try to avoid getting up and wandering around in my flat in the middle of the night. My body gets tense when I think about that now O.o

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 10 comments Ghostly Encounter - My aunt and uncle told me about an old woman who used to live in their house, how she used to have a rocking chair in the upstairs room and that she died in the chair.
He used to make up stories all the time to scare me and my cousins. But when i was sleeping there one night during the summer, i woke up and the room had gone oddly cold and there was a creaking noise coming from the corner of the room. I just hid under the covers too scared to look out.

When i think back on it, it could have been any number of things; trees outside or the wind, it had been hot during the day so it would be cooler at night. The mind does play tricks :)

message 6: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciavillasenor) Emily wrote: "Does it have to be ghostly encounters or like a near death experience?"

Anything that scared you.

message 7: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciavillasenor) Missjamesey wrote: "Well...when I was younger and still living with my parents ( I really can't remember my age back then) I sometimes woke up in the middle of the night being thirsty. One time, two or three nights in..."

That is pretty freaky. Sometimes when I get up at night I run to the restroom and run back to the room. Sometimes my dog (who sleeps in the room with us) will growl. IDK why because we'll be the only people in the house and she'll growl in the middle of the night. Maybe it's a bad doggy dream?

message 8: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciavillasenor) Emily wrote: "Ghostly Encounter - My aunt and uncle told me about an old woman who used to live in their house, how she used to have a rocking chair in the upstairs room and that she died in the chair.
He used ..."

HAHA! My dad use to do something similar to me when I was little. One time I had a clown doll that he made stand and put it in the hallway, he told me to get my toothbrush so the first time I passed the clown I didn't see it. On my way back to put my toothbrush away I freaked out, screaming because the clown was standing by itself in the middle of the hallway.

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily | 10 comments Alice wrote:Anything that scared you."

A few years ago me and a few members of my family were on the way to the Trafford Centre (big shopping place, for anyone that doesn't know) we had to come off the motorway onto a slip road and when we got onto that road the car just started slide out of control. It span around three times, my aunt couldn't do anything then as suddenly as it started we came to a hault and i swear about a minute later one of those big long haul wagons drove past doing about 60mph. if it had of hit us me, my mom, my two aunts and two cousins all would have been splattered!

When we finally arrived, my aunt need a drink so we went to the food court and just outside they were doing a promo for one of those little yogurt drinks
'Take one everyday, your gaurdian angel' the people were dressed on white and everything!
My aunts didn't stop crying the whole day!

message 10: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciavillasenor) Emily wrote: "Alice wrote:Anything that scared you."

A few years ago me and a few members of my family were on the way to the Trafford Centre (big shopping place, for anyone that doesn't know) we had to come ..."

That's crazy! Something similar happened to my cousins on the freeway. They lost control of their car, it spun and then slowly went to the shoulder and stopped. They got out of the car and there were hand prints on the outside of the windows.