Christian Historical Fiction discussion

MaryLu Tyndall > Surrender the Heart - Surrendered to God?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
After both Noah and Marianne surrendered to God and realized what their destiny was, how did that realization make them feel? Do you believe that God’s destiny for you will be something you get excited about, or do you think it will be pure drudgery?

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia Reffner | 9 comments Hmmm...sometimes its not something in our emotions we get excited about, depending on how you mean the question. I do think God gives us the gifts and interests in areas that will support His plan for our lives. But I think there are times that we are called to simply be obedient and we may have to wait for our emotions to fall in line afterwards.

message 3: by MaryLu (new)

MaryLu Tyndall | 44 comments I love this verse in Romans 12: "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God"
I believe this means that God's ultimate will for us is good, acceptable, and perfect! I think it will be something we get really excited about. But, I do not think it will be something that is easy. Take my writing career for example. I know this is what God wants me to do. I love it! God gave me all the talents I needed to become an author. But I have to tell you it is by far the hardest thing I've ever done. And there are many days I feel like quitting. That's where obedience and perseverance comes in, like you said Jules.

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia Reffner | 9 comments Thank you for sharing your writing journey. It is quite encouraging. Sometimes I feel daunted by the possibility of rejections :)

message 5: by MaryLu (new)

MaryLu Tyndall | 44 comments Yes, Rejections are a part of the process, even after you get published! You have to learn to not take them personally. It really helps to believe that God has a plan and is in control and that He'll open the publishing doors for you when he's ready. :-)