Christian Historical Fiction discussion

MaryLu Tyndall > Surrender the Heart - Captain Milford?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
What caused Captain Milford to be so morose and volatile? Do you think it’s possible to miss God’s calling on your life even if you’re a Christian? How? What was the effect on Captain Milford? How could he have avoided it?

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia Reffner | 9 comments I think it is sadly very possible to miss God's calling in our lives if we are quenching the Holy Spirit over time through disobedience. Now I'm not saying we miss salvation, but I definitely think we can miss out on God's best for our lives.

message 3: by MaryLu (new)

MaryLu Tyndall | 44 comments Yes, exactly Jules. That's one of the reasons I wrote this series. I see so many Christians miss their destinies because of disobedience in the small things, lack of faith, fear, insecurity... so many reason that keep them from all God has for them in this world. It makes me sad. Yes, they get to heaven, but they miss out on so much here. Captain Milford is a prime example. God had great plans for him as a farmer. But he allowed other people's opinions and his own bitterness and broken heart to keep him from God's best for him. As a result, he lived an unfulfilled life.