The Sword and Laser discussion

Podcasts > Dragon*Con plans unveiled - The S&L Podcast #040

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul (paulcavanaugh) | 51 comments You were wondering what "World War Z" would be like if rewritten to take advantage of the zombie knowledge we now have because of books such as Z -- the Heisenberg zombie principle. Well, Mira Grant's Feed refers several times to the great hero, George Romero, for what he (unintentionally) taught the population about zombies and how to survive. The protagonist, Georgette, is even named after him (George and Georgette became the most popular names for children born during the uprising). Really good book, too.
And podcast, as well!

message 3: by Tamahome (last edited Aug 18, 2010 09:49PM) (new)

Tamahome | 6202 comments Speaking of interviews, Ken Follet was just on Tavis Smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAcoTI...

Btw, Tamahome is pronounced 'Tamahomay'. It's not my real name anyway; it's just an anime character. :)

message 4: by Danny (new)

Danny Richardson (dannyrichardson) | 16 comments Did anyone else get the previous podcast delivered in their iTunes feed? (Everything indicates that I have #40, but when I listen it's #39)?

message 5: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1672 comments Mod
Danny wrote: "Did anyone else get the previous podcast delivered in their iTunes feed? (Everything indicates that I have #40, but when I listen it's #39)?"

Yes, that happened for some people. Try deleting the episode in iTunes, un-subscribing from the feed, and then re-subscribing. That should fetch you the new episode.

message 6: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 1212 comments Is this the episode with my name mentioned? (What a thrill!)

If it is, Veronica commented on how many people were reading The Gaslight Dogs. I think I can clear that mystery up. It's being discussed on the Beyond Reality group this month and a lot of people here are members of that group too. Karin Lowachee has even joined us for the discussion of her book.

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2846 comments Is the Beyond Reality group a GoodReads group?

message 8: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 1212 comments Jenny wrote: "Is the Beyond Reality group a GoodReads group?"

Yes. It actually started as a Yahoo Group and moved here a year or so ago. It's grown by leaps and bounds since then. The group reads one science fiction and one fantasy novel each month. More recently, they've added a series read. I think I first joined it back in 2001 or so.

message 9: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6202 comments Wow, they're reading Kate Wilhelm. That's another lady from Dangerous Visions I was going to try.

message 10: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 1212 comments I've read some of the best books because of that group.

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2846 comments Ooh and the two books for September, I've read already and would love to discuss. Woohoo!

message 12: by Dylan Northrup (new)

Dylan Northrup | 33 comments I'm just happy to finally know about when/where the S&L/TWiT Meetup is. Now, I just gotta make sure I don't schedule a shift during that time.