Sarah (wondrousreadings) Im on twitter:
twitter @Sarah__Sally

message 3: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Me too :)

@lusbookblog

message 4: by Crusader (new)

Crusader (crusaderza) | 2445 comments Mod
Nope. I stay away from Twitter. Getting irritating updates through Facebook is enough for me.

Don't know why most people view it as FaceMOAN!

message 5: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments I am there as well (and love it - sorry Crusader!)

@allthedaysof

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I've never been interested in Twitter either, Facebook is a bad enough time waster and generator of inane crap, even if it is often useful.

message 7: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
I only use twitter for giveaways

message 8: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments I've only been on twitter once. That was ages ago and I've forgotten my user name and password. As for facebook the only reason I still have it is to keep in touch with my friends in Jhb and my cousins overseas. Most of the time it just irritates me though.

message 9: by Emma (last edited Nov 14, 2010 08:46AM) (new)

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments I kinda feel the same as Naz and Lauren. I did the same thing signed up for twitter but never used it and then forgot my username and password. I from time to time use facebook just to keep in touch with family overseas. Its easy to keep all your photos in one place and then family can see it just by clicking without you individually sending pics to everyone. It does irritate me though as random people will just want to add you, not because you are really friends, but just to add you to their friends list. Who in the world has 1000 friends!! I just have family and people who I am in contact with, not all and sundry. The other thing that irritates me is all those stupid applications of love hearts and people answering questions about you then posting it on your page. Sometimes you sign on and theres a whole page of them!! Drives me nuts. Its like having spam mail.

Just out of interest do you have friends or family that continually send you those stupid chain letter mail, or stupid e-mails that they send to a million other people. I have tried hinting that I hate getting them...what do you do? What if its your father sending them lol :-)Drives me nuts!

message 10: by Crusader (new)

I just politely ask them not to send me any e-mail like that.

What also works wonders are these supposedly geniune e-mails they forward looking for lost children, or raising funds for someone, or showing "The Hands of God" visible in clouds. Those people I just reply to with a link to Snopes.com and they soon realise they look like idiots and don't send them anymore.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Luckily I don't get too much chain mail, but I mostly just delete it.

I do slightly enjoy exposing hoax emails to the people who send them to me though.... But honestly some of them are so daft you have to wonder how they could have bought it. Free laptop? Genius criminals spying on you? Yeah right.

message 12: by Crusader (new)

I always go by the motto "Never underestimate the stupidity of humanity. Think about the stupidest thing someone can do and they will likely exceed expectations!"

message 13: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments One of my favorite quotes; "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" by Albert Einstein.

message 14: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracymm) | 43 comments oh, I tweet.
@TracyMyburgh

message 15: by Diane (new)

Diane V-R (dianev-r) | 90 comments I tweet from time-to-time:

@dirott

message 16: by Craig (new)

Craig Smith (theredstone) | 23 comments @CraigWFSmith

message 17: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniqueurbanisedgeek) | 270 comments I have got the Twitter app on my BB and decided to use it as a substitute for blogging. :)

@NovelYear

message 18: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
If anyone has a Tumblr please post :)

message 19: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 4434 comments Mod
I don't like social networking sites because of all the reasons mentioned above. It is a wonder I am this active on goodreads. But here you don't have that much nonsense going on as on for example facebook. I also hate sites where you have to sign up just to look around and see what's going on. So that's why I don't twitter. I just wanted to see what it is all about and I got this registration form with questions I didn't want to answer and if I didn't fill it out I wouldn't be able to check the site out. So I didn't.

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments Although I do use Facebook for ACTUAL Friends and family, I really do hate Twitter. I am not the first person to hate on Twitter, and I am sure the reasons are obvious.

“Everybody cares what I had for lunch today.”

Only having 140 characters to work with really doesnt give users an opportunity to write anything exciting,other than what you have just crammed down your throat. I can understand why some people use it though.

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I caved and joined Twitter, but essentially just for my blog and books in general - I want to tweet about new posts, and keep up with news from publishers, special offers, giveaways, etc. I'll connect with other bloggers, but I'm going to try and avoid connecting to friends, because facebook already serves that purpose.

Emma, I think the 140-character limit can also be useful though - it forces you to get to the point. You just have to avoid the twits who tweet about their lunch.

message 22: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Maybe I should start using my twitter, I can say useful things like, Look Lauren and Emma are discussion Twitter, then we are all informed :P

message 23: by Crusader (new)

I also decided to give Twitter a try. Mostly posting when new reviews are up etc.

@Crusaderofchaos

message 24: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Will follow you now :)

message 25: by Crusader (new)

Great followed back.

message 26: by Lu (last edited Jun 14, 2011 01:29PM) (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Can everyone please leave me their twitters, especially if you have a book blog. I want to add it in South African Book Blogger Follow Friday Tweet on Friday.

I have:
@Crusaderofchaos
@NovelYear
@allthedaysof
@Violin_InA_Void

message 27: by Jan (new)

Jan Hurst-Nicholson (janhurst-nicholson) | 59 comments Hi,
I'm
@just4kixbooks

message 28: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
cool thanks :)

message 29: by Lu (new)

message 30: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kathldk) | 141 comments I only really use it during NaNoWriMo and for links to my reviews, but here you go:

@salambander

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jevine) | 766 comments I do tweet, but not very often - @jevkim

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Eep! T.C. McCarthy is following and retweeting me! Which is awesome, but I didn't particularly like his book and next week I'm going to be posting a lukewarm review. I feel bad...

message 33: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
That is a difficult place to be :(

message 34: by Crusader (new)

Lauren wrote: "Eep! T.C. McCarthy is following and retweeting me! Which is awesome, but I didn't particularly like his book and next week I'm going to be posting a lukewarm review. I feel bad..."

Oops. Well I'm sure he'll be handle an honest criticism and then promptly unfollow you! ;)

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Lol, well then at least I won't feel so bad if I dislike the second book in the series too!

message 36: by Barbara (new)

Well it could be worse. Now your review is just lukewarm but you could have really cut him done in your review and that is something you didn't do.

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith That's true. On the positive side, I think the second book could actually be good because I'm more interested in its perspective on the story.

message 38: by Barbara (new)

Maybe you could say that at the end of the review to make up for the bad things you say?

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I plan to :)

message 40: by Henri (new)

Henri | 122 comments I only use twitter for news updates

message 41: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Oooh I have twitter news. The author of Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath #1) by Anne Greenwood Brown tweeted my review and she is sending me a t-shirt! If it looks anything like the cover it is going to be gorgeous :)

message 42: by Barbara (new)

Did you give her a good review?
It is great news that she tweeted you and that you get a t-shirt. Let us know what it looks like when you get it.

message 43: by Nadine (new)

message 44: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Barbara wrote: "Did you give her a good review?
It is great news that she tweeted you and that you get a t-shirt. Let us know what it looks like when you get it."

I did :)
Will do!

message 45: by Crusader (new)

Lu wrote: I did :)
Will do!"

Hey, doesn't that amount to bribery?

Just kidding...

message 46: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Lol she deserved the good review. I really enjoyed the book :D