SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Other Discussions & Chats > New Movie Releases

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Here we can talk about New Movie Releases!

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments Went watching The A-Team today, and really enjoyed it, saying that It wasnt a film that I was particularly excited to see. It was funny, had lots of action and kept me entertained.

message 3: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Can't wait to see it!

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith It's not that new anymore, but go and see Inception if you haven't. It's awesome, the best movie I've seen this year.

message 5: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
I hear its awesome! Now to convince my boyfriend to take me, as he has already seen it :(

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith That shouldn't be hard, it's the kind of movie you'd want to see twice. Or thrice. And then buy the DVD to watch over and over again.

message 7: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Heheh i'll tell him to take me

message 8: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Watched the A-Team and also really enjoyed it :D

The SA actor did a really good job :D

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I went to see Resident Evil: Afterlife last night.

Thought it would be awesome. Totally shit.

Cool fight scene with the Executioner though.

message 10: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
I hear bad things from a lot of people :(

message 11: by Nix (new)

Nix Lauren wrote: "I went to see Resident Evil: Afterlife last night.

Thought it would be awesome. Totally shit.

Cool fight scene with the Executioner though."

How much does Wentworth Miller (the guy from Prison Break) feature, Lauren?

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith He comes in about midway and plays a fairly big role from then onward. Not much to get excited about though, unless you're a major fan perhaps.

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Emma wrote: "Went watching The A-Team today, and really enjoyed it, saying that It wasnt a film that I was particularly excited to see. It was funny, had lots of action and kept me entertained."

I saw The A-Team on Tuesday - so much fun! And Sharlto Copley was hilarious.

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments Went to see Burlesque with friends Wednesday at Nu metro for only R20. I am not really a fan of musical films the only exception being My fair lady. Burlesque was an identical plot to Coyote Ugly and the only differnce was the girls had less clothes on. There was a lovely song by by Cher who can still belt out a tune despite being 60? I thought Christina Aguillera played a decent part seeing this was he first acting role. Saying that I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price.

Id give it a 5/10

message 15: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Agree a nice enough movie to watch on dvd when you are bored :)

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I hate musicals as well (with the exception of Chicago and Moulin ROuge) so I would have given Burlesque a miss as well, but probably more because Cher and Christina Aguilera are in it. Blech.

Recently I watched Black Swan (uncomfortable, but absolutely brilliant) and The King's Speech (good, but overrated. I enjoyed it but got bored at times).

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments Went watching The next three days with my hubby, was excellent. I havent watched a really good movie in ages so it was nice to get ones money's worth.

8/10

message 18: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
I watched "Wild Target" recently and thought it was very arb but enjoyable :)

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Thought I'd revive this old thread :)

I've seen two movies since I got to Cape Town. The first was Mama, a horror about two little girls who live alone in a cabin in the woods for 5 years, looked after by an insane ghost. The ghost follows them to a new house when the girls are found and taken in by their uncle and his girlfriend. It's one of those movies that's half great and half crap - the last 20 minutes or so are crap, but it's not gory, the performances are great and I found it really scary.

Last night I watched Oz the Great and Powerful. Thought it was a bit twee at times, and Mila Kunis's evil witch looked pretty stupid, but it was a cute movie.

message 20: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
I watched The Host yesterday :)
It wasn't bad. I still enjoyed the book more, but I really liked seeing it come alive on the screen!

message 21: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 4434 comments Mod
I was wondering if I wanted to go see the Host, now that I hear the book was better (as is so often the case) I will wait for the dvd-release.

message 22: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Has anyone seen: Now you see me?
Watch it!

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I went to see The Conjuring the other day. Loved it, very creepy and well made.

message 24: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Is it a horror?

I'm watching World War Z, The Bling Ring and We are the Millers sometime this weekend. Anyone seen any of them?

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Yep, it's horror. The kind I like - no gore, all psychological.

I haven't seen any of those I'm afraid. World War Z came out here, but I'd heard it was crap and I didn't really feel like going to the movies at the time.

message 26: by Riki (new)

Riki Strydom (rikistrydom) | 5 comments Went to watch Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters this week. Not too bad, but the same problem that it never quite follows the book... Anyone seen The Internship? Thats still on my watch list, it looks like it might be very funny.

message 27: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Finished "We are the Millers" and enjoyed it!

I really want to see Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters, but it is only in 3D where I wanna go see it :(

message 28: by Riki (new)

Riki Strydom (rikistrydom) | 5 comments Is it just me or is the trailer for Gravity (Clooney and Bullock) very weird? I can't imagine what the movie is about. Someone get separated in space and drifts out to nowhere...?

message 29: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Yea it looks weird! Also I think I would be tense the whole way through, so maybe I'll just skip this one!

message 30: by Chrizette (last edited Sep 07, 2013 12:00AM) (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments We are watching World War Z this weekend. I cannot wait to see Now you see me - I have been waiting for it for a while.

Morne has been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix - only a few episodes left. He loves is - a little too much reality for me. I love my movies (and TV shows) a little white-washed.

message 31: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
I'll probably watch World War Z today, we need to discuss it when we both have seen it :) I think Lauren F is also watching it this weekend.

Mark loves Breaking Bad as well. I don't think it is my type of things as well.

message 32: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments I agree - I get enough reality day-to-day. I like my entertainment with a little fantasy of "everything will work out right in the end" :)

message 33: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
World War Z was pretty good! If you like zombie movies, you will like this one.

Why I liked it more than you average zombie movie: (view spoiler)

message 34: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments I am not as impressed by it - I found it a bit boring . . .

message 35: by Riki (new)

Riki Strydom (rikistrydom) | 5 comments The Mortal Instruments starts next week. Anyone read the books that can give some insight as to whether the movie might be worthwhile or in fact to read the books?

message 36: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
The book wasn't bad at all. There was one thing I couldn't get quite past, but I say give it a shot.

I think the movie will be good! Watching it on Wednesday, will let you know :)

message 37: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 4434 comments Mod
Lu (Sugar & Snark) wrote: "Has anyone seen: Now you see me?
Watch it!"

A colleague watched it and he said it was great. So I guess with two positive opinions I have to see it too.:)

message 38: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Let me know what you think :)