Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Anyone play World Of Warcraft?

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) Me ^-^

message 3: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Yay someone else :D

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) I'm still a noob though!

I haven't played in the past month, studies making my life a bit hectic.

I miss it :(

message 5: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
I've also been slacking. Haven't logged in a few weeks.

Been playing for 7 years!

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) Do you recommend any other MMORPG's?

I only just got a reliable internet connection, and several friends insisted I had a go at WoW. Its really great, just find that the communuty can sometimes be a bit hard towards new people.

message 7: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Mmm WoW is the best imo, but you can try Diablo 3 or Torchlight.

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) Played both, very fun!

message 9: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) I just redeemed 7 free days of a WoW play :/

Don't ask why... I still have 2 assignments to do.. And I just started a new toon :p

message 10: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
lolol it always happens when you have lots of work to do and little time. Then you get distracted by something else!

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) I'm playing several time consuming games at the moment. Luckily it's my last two assignments for the semester, although they are the biggest ones.. At least I have some time to do them!

And hey, it's a long weekend, what better time to rekindle my WoW addiction!

(Excuses,excuses)

message 12: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Lolol that is how it starts :P

message 13: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) Lu!!!

Look at this!

http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/m...

I'm so excited!!!

message 14: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Maybe I should be looking at some games for my "off time".

Is WOW a "shooter" game?

message 15: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) Chrizette wrote: "Maybe I should be looking at some games for my "off time".

Is WOW a "shooter" game?"

No, its a MMORPG.

Its really very awesome and if you have free time then its a perfect one because the game and quests are really never ending. You have to pay a monthly fee, but your first 30 days are free, so you can try it out. You can get the starter pack from a gaming store for around R80, and then you have to have a constant internet connection to play. If you wanted to download it its around 30GB.

Its basically a very immersive digital world with millions of other players from around the world.

message 16: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Sorry Kelly . . . what does MMORPG mean? lol

message 17: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Best game ever!

message 18: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Kelly wrote: "Lu!!!

Look at this!

http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/m...

I'm so excited!!!"

OMG! Looks fun!!

message 19: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) Chrizette wrote: "Sorry Kelly . . . what does MMORPG mean? lol"

Sorry Chrizette :p

MMORPG - Massively multiplayer online role-playing game

message 20: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments LoL - okay

It sounds like fun being able to interact with other "real players". I will talk to my BIL - he is a hardcore gamer, maybe he has a copy of the starter pack from his "old days".

message 21: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Maybe a video will show some more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEvW6...

message 22: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Thank you, Lu - it looks like something I might be able to do. What does the "quests" entail?

message 23: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
All types of things, going to pick a flower, killing 25 boars, opening a chest etc.

And some quests lead to other quests and some quests lines and nice and long.

message 24: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments This is sounding better and better!

message 25: by Lu (last edited Mar 22, 2013 10:43AM) (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
I just need to put a warning label on it. It is ADDICTIVE!

message 26: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments LoL - I still need to get the starter pack, so I wont be able to take a look right away :) Will see if I can get to a gaming shop some of other time before Wednesday.

message 27: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) It really is as addictive as Lu says, but a great way to keep yourself busy.

message 28: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments My BIL says I can download a "starter pack" online that is for about 2 weeks. How does it work after that? Do you pay a monthly fee? And do you do downloads afterwards?

message 29: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Yea you pay R180ish a month depending on the euro. Every now and then there is a patch that you download that is about 500mb.

The game up to date is about 30 gigs tho. The best would be to copy it from someone that already has it.

message 30: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Urgh - 30 gigs!!

message 31: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) It is very large!

message 32: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Lol yea it has been going 7 years so it is growing slowly :P

message 33: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments My husband just said that he doesn't think my laptop will be able to handle it, so I guess I will have to let it go for now.

message 34: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
The thing about WoW is that the graphics are really user friendly. My 10 year old laptop can still do it, if I lower all the graphics settings. Not sure what laptop you have, but it could possibly run it on low?

But if not I'm sure we can think of other games for you :)

message 35: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments I think I will get the 14 day free starter pack when I get home and see if it works. In the meantime, I am gathering other games just in case.

message 36: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) I can find a site that you can input your system specs and it will tell you if you can run a specific game if you'd like

message 37: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments That will be kind Kelly :)

message 38: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/1...

That link will take you to the system specs for the latest WoW expansion, all you do is click the green button and the site will run a test on your laptop, it is perfectly safe, I've used it forever and nothing has ever harmed my laptop.

You need to have Java installed though.

message 39: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments I have been reading the "game guide" - so what realms do you guys play in and what are your class? I need to decide what I want to be :)

message 40: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
I'm on Alonsus (Europe) Alliance. If you decide to join this realm let me know so I can log in a come wave hi to your character :)

My fav is a Druid :)
But Hunter is also fun!

message 41: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments I haven't signed up yet, so excuse me if this will be answered when I do but do you join a newbie realm to start and then progress to for example the Alonsus one you mentioned?

message 42: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
No problem ask away :)

Nope you join a realm and stay there, because it costs money to transfer to another realm. All of them have newbs to experienced players :)

message 43: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Oh and you can create characters on lots of different realms, you just can't move a character to another one without paying.

message 44: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) I'm on aggramar and I like warriors and rouges

message 45: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Tried to download last night but it is 22gigs (thought the starter pack would be a bit smaller), didn't realize it would be the 30gigs you mentioned, Lu. It will wipe out our remaining bandwith for the month, so I will see if I can find a copy somewhere when I go to the shopping centre today. *crossing my fingers*

message 46: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
You should get a copy :) They are everywhere!
You will still have to download a lot, but hopefully not so much.

I wish I could just let you copy mine. Why do you have to be so far away?!

message 47: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Lu (Sugar & Snark) wrote: "You should get a copy :) They are everywhere!
You will still have to download a lot, but hopefully not so much.

I wish I could just let you copy mine. Why do you have to be so far away?!"

Or better, still "why is there a postal strike!". LoL The shopping centre I am going to, has a few "computer-ish" stores, so I will take look around. I haven't bought a "physical" game in years (these days we only download stuff - I have become so spoiled with online shopping!), so any suggestions which stores I could try first?

message 48: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Every store from Musica to any Computer store selling games should have it. There are 13 million players or something, so it is very popular.

Just be sure to buy the first one, not the other expansion yet.

message 49: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelstretch) look and listen have it for R80, I was there yesterday. BT Games also has it, but they always have stock issues.

message 50: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Thank you guys - will try Musica first (it is near Woolworths where I am heading first). Looking forward to it so much!

« previous 1