College Students! discussion

Reading Goals/ Challenges > Fall 2010/Winter 2011 Important Challenge Announcements and Updates!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
I figured there should be a place to make important announcements and updates so it's easier to know what is going on rather than digging through the discussion thread; particularly because there will be some surprises and twists during this challenge! :)

message 2: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Thankfully Danielle noticed a mistake early! In the Back to School task, I listed April 2 times and forgot February (sorry Feb. babies!!). I just fixed it so please make sure you check the task thread again to see the change.

message 3: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

For the Roof over Your Head task (15.7) I'll be adding orphans/foster care on to that task because it seemed like there needed to be more variety. Thanks Caity for that great addition to the task!

message 4: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jess has sent me her task and I have posted it on the official task list!

message 5: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (last edited Jan 16, 2011 03:12PM) (new)

This week only (1/17-1/23): Start and finish any book this week and replace it for the 5, 10 or 15 point challenge of your choice. This is only applicable to one book challenges. You MUST claim your points by Monday morning for this. Please note that you are swapping the book for the challenge.

message 6: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Everyone get your points posted, this ends tomorrow at 11:59 PM.

message 7: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Also, please make sure, in this thread, that you specify whether or not you think you have read the biggest book. Give the page count and the book title. Winner receives 15 extra points!

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin (ersiku) I doubt I had the longest book! My longest was The Chronicles of Narnia all-in-one edition (CS Lewis) at 784 pages. It's possible I had the longest audiobook, though (not that it counts!), which would be The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood) at 18 hours and 12 minutes!

message 9: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 499 comments The Crimson Petal and the White, 900 pages even. Frightening to think about..

message 10: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I read The Historian at 909 pages.

I have read a total of 18 books so far in 2011 and 1 was one for the challenge. I should go through and see if any others fit a category! :)

message 11: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I went through my books and fit what I had read into the categories and my points jumped from 100 to 225! Still not even close to the leaders. :)

message 12: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Congrats to Erin---winner of this Fall/Winter challenge!!

I'll be posting the task list for the spring/summer challenge within the next few days.