What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. WW 2 novel about a girl who works in her fathers drs practice and is run down and bullied by her family.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (airdnaxelA) | 12 comments I first read this when I was 13 ish and can't remeber for the life of me what ot was called.

The girl works as a receotionist I think for her father and is very much under her mother's thumb. She is over weight and lacks self confidence.

When the war starts she joins the land army (or something like that) and starts to build up her confidence make friends and shape up after getting away from her family.

She then meets a soldier (from what I can remember I think he was a pilot)who she had met when she was still with her parents and they fall in love and agree to get married.

The guy then goes on a mission and he gets injured and ends uo in hospital.

Ok that is all I can remember.

I think it had 'moonlight' or somthing like that in the title.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
a couple of quict questions LR--

1) When did you read this?
2) Was it new then or older?
3) Is it YA, a chapter book or adult?

message 3: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (airdnaxelA) | 12 comments HEY,
I think it was probably around 2000-2002 that i read it. It was an adult novel around the same level as novels by Joan Jonker. It was old then when i read it. proably late 80s/90s probably. I got it from the library and from what i can remember there were loads of stamps on it and it was in a sorry state.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
This sounds interesting. I'm going to bump it in the hopes that someone recognizes it now.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Alexandria, are you still looking for this book?

message 6: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments "Land Girls" by Angela Huth?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
No response from Alexandria since 2010. Moving to Abandoned.