Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > True Blood does Rolling Stone *NSFW*

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Out tomorrow, this is the September 2nd Magazine.

What do you think?!?! Can't WAIT to read this!

[image error]

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Wow! What a striking pic! I wonder if the "blood" was photoshopped in...it looks like it was; at least, parts of it do.

message 3: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) Oh awesome! I get this sent to my house too!!! I'll def have to keep this one!!!

message 4: by Cary (last edited Aug 18, 2010 05:41AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) I am glad that TrueBlood has had such sucess. But it has changed the face of vampires forever.

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Aug 18, 2010 06:06AM) (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Cary wrote: "I am glad that TrueBlood has had such sucess. But it has changed the face of vampires forever."

You seem despondent. It really is great that things like the Southern Vampire Mysteries and True Blood make the genre/lore of vampire fiction more accessible for people who wouldn't have been interested in the first place.

I know I wouldn't have. And then I join a diverse group of readers like this one; before, I never would have considered reading gothic classics like Dracula or Carmilla. Now, I definitely want to read them; in fact, I think I'll go put them on my "to read" shelf right now.

So, don't despair. :-)

message 6: by Cary (last edited Aug 18, 2010 06:33AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) I am not interested in vampires becoming popular through sex. I have read vampire stories all my life. If TrueBlood did not have a the sex & newdity it would not be near as popular. Buffy had sex gay and straight. But because Buffy did not have nudity it never became a phenominon except for a few of us. Also TrueBlood shows people smoking pot, and taking pills, and selling drugs. Absolutely no problem with that. I guess vampires are just evolving. LOL I love the old gothic stories like Carmilla, Dracula, The Tomb of Sarah that have been around 100 years. The vampires do not fly around like jet aircraft. LOL I guess I don't like the change. Sookie Stackhouse is the only series book I can stand. But trust me I love TrueBlood very much, and all the characters. :)

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
I wanted to make this our group pic but I can't download it at work! Ranata, can you add it to our pics and then I think I can load it that way. This pic is HOT! Love Eric's face! I wish Anna's boobs were bigger like Sookie's. Yeah I said it!

Can't wait to buy this issue!

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 4 comments Great pick. Somehow I knew AS went au neutral!!!!

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather Book Savvy Babe (booksavvybabe) | 41 comments I just picked up my copy today, can't wait to read the article!

message 10: by Krisztina (new)

Krisztina Williams (krisztinawilliams) | 5 comments Wow, I just saw it on the rolling stone website! WOW!!!