Just Your Average Group! discussion

The "King of the Trees" fantasy series

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (last edited Aug 17, 2010 07:41PM) (new)

William | 24 comments I'm not sure I have properly introduced my books to your group:

William_D_Burt

The King of the Trees
Torsils in Time
The Golden Wood
The Greenstones
The Downs
Kyleah's Mirrors
The Birthing Tree

The King of the Trees is the first book in my fantasy series of 7 titles (so far). It's been favorably compared to the Chronicles of Narnia. This is an especially great series for those who enjoy Narnia or Middle Earth, griffins and dragons and other mythical creatures. These books make wonderful readalouds, too. (I purposely included a glossary and pronunciation guide at the back of each title in my series.)

The King of the Trees synopsis:

"What do an old wooden box, a jeweled pendant and some mysterious, green-garbed strangers share in common? When Rolin son of Gannon sets out to solve this riddle, his adventures take him worlds beyond the walls of his little log cabin. On their perilous quest for the blessed Isle of Luralin, Rolin and some grumpy griffins must trust the King with their very lives."

The latest sequel in the series, The Birthing Tree, came out on August 9, 2010.

Sequels:
Torsils in Time
The Golden Wood
The Greenstones
The Downs
Kyleah's Mirrors
The Birthing Tree

Feel free to join our King of the Trees fan group, which is at: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3...

You can also check out and order copies from our website, http://www.greencloaks.com.

“The greatest help oft comes in harm’s disguise to those with trusting hearts and open eyes."

message 2: by CJ (new)

CJ sweet, i'll look for it at Barnes and Nobel someday

message 3: by William (new)

William | 24 comments You'd have to order it through Barnes and Noble. Amazon is easier and faster, in my experience, or you can just go to my website, which is listed above. We ship only autographed copies. It's pretty slick.

message 4: by CJ (new)

CJ why don't they have it in stores?

message 5: by William (new)

William | 24 comments The big bookstores only carry the blockbuster books, so to speak. There are literally millions of other books on the market that you won't find in stock at B&N or Borders. Many of those books are better than what you can find in a bookstore.

If you were to go to a B&N, they would just order my titles from the publisher, which is what they would do anyway. It just takes more time that way. When you order from my website, you can get an autographed book in 1-2 days.

Many Christian bookstores do stock my books, however.

I hope that makes sense!

message 6: by CJ (new)

CJ oh, ok. see, i was sure there were other books out there (especially ones that aren't new enough{or big enough [like dracula or something:]} to stay on the shelves and get pushed off) i just didn't know how to get them.

message 7: by Clary Fray (new)

Clary Fray (girlsoccer86) | 246 comments Mod
William wrote: "You'd have to order it through Barnes and Noble. Amazon is easier and faster, in my experience, or you can just go to my website, which is listed above. We ship only autographed copies. It's pretty..."

Yeah, but how much extra do you have to pay to get your copy from your website?

message 8: by William (last edited Aug 19, 2010 04:27PM) (new)

William | 24 comments Some libraries have them. As for my website, you might have to pay a little extra for shipping, but you get a better quality book that way. Most bookstore books have been shipped multiple times and have been handled by lots of people. They often show the wear and tear. The books you order off my website have been shipped directly to me from the printer and are handled only once—by me. The books I ship to you are fresh out of the carton, in mint condition.

If you want to save money, you can get the electronic version of the first book for $8.39 from my publisher, WinePress, at this URL: https://www.winepressbooks.com/search.... Just click on the "E-books Library" link on the leftmost column, and it will take you to a page where "The King of the Trees" is listed second book from the top.

Have fun!

Bill

message 9: by William (last edited Aug 20, 2010 12:01PM) (new)

William | 24 comments No problem, Arwen. What are you painting? I didn't know you were an artist.

I did some research on Barnes & Noble, and here is the page that features my books:

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.c...

Book I is actually listed as #4 on the list. B&N doesn't have any new copies right now, but there are 20 used copies, starting at $1.99.

I hope this helps you!

Blessings!

Bill

message 10: by William (new)

William | 24 comments Well, don't give up. It will become easier as time goes on. Personally, I never did learn to draw or paint worth a bean! :)

message 11: by William (new)

William | 24 comments You should post them on Goodreads!

message 12: by Clary Fray (new)

I suck at art. Well, I'm pretty good at knitting, and really good at crocheting!! +D

message 13: by William (new)

William | 24 comments Everybody is good at something!

message 14: by Clary Fray (new)

William wrote: "Everybody is good at something!"

I guess....mostly at being random for me-when I'm in a good mood.

message 15: by William (new)

William | 24 comments Those are wonderful gifts, too!

message 16: by Clary Fray (new)

I don't really have any-I am VERY good at procrastinating, though. Do you have anything other than writing, Bill?

message 17: by William (new)

William | 24 comments Actually, languages are my specialty. I professionally interpret in two languages (American Sign Language and Russian) and have been studying several others.

message 18: by William (new)

William | 24 comments Well, then, you must have a knack for languages! That's pretty neat. Do you enjoy learning foreign languages?

message 19: by William (new)

William | 24 comments Russian is really tough, too.

message 20: by Clary Fray (new)

I want to do French next year in High School, and then the years after i'll do french too.

message 21: by William (new)

William | 24 comments I love French, though I haven't studied it.

message 22: by William (new)

William | 24 comments Au revoire!

message 23: by William (new)

William | 24 comments Yes, that's right. That's about the extent of my French knowledge. :)

message 24: by Clary Fray (new)

excusez moi??

message 25: by Clary Fray (new)

That's excuze me in french, oui?

message 26: by Clary Fray (new)

Wait, no, there's no 'z' on the end. Oui, no?

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) Oui, je sais. (yes, I know)

message 28: by Clary Fray (new)

Yeah. Did you change from Arwen???

message 29: by Clary Fray (new)

I noticed that. But I liked Arwen much better.

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) She is still pretty.

message 31: by Clary Fray (new)

I'm not bossing you, just giving suggestions.

message 32: by Clary Fray (new)

And just saying what i think is best.

message 33: by Clary Fray (new)

Okay, okay. Chill.

message 34: by Clary Fray (new)

nobody comes on anymore