This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

That ad for the Jennifer Aniston / Jason Bateman movie.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (new)

Bill Doughty (plaidbrarian) Every time I move my cursor within about a mile of that movie ad on the right side of the page, it expands to take up most of the screen.

Does anyone know a way to punch an ad? Just the ad, mind you, not the screen or the people in the ad (I have no qualms with Jennifer Aniston because she still owns up to being in Leprechaun, and I've enjoyed Jason Bateman's work since Silver Spoons and It's Your Move). Is it possible to just punch the ad itself? Because that is a thing that should happen.

message 2: by smetchie (last edited Aug 17, 2010 08:08PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments All ads that talk to you and ooze all over your screen just because your mouse veers over near them should be punched. I hate those ads.

But the ones I've seen are way worse than the one you're talking about. Jason Bateman can talk to me and ooze all over my screen anytime he wants.

message 3: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) There used to be ad blocker software out there, but haven't tried any in years.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

If you use firefox, you can add their ad-blocker. That's not as fun as actually punching the ad, though. In the nuts!

message 5: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Everyone keeps talking about the expanding ad thingy. (Not just here.) What's wrong with my set up that I have NO idea what you're talking about? Or, maybe I should say, what's RIGHT about my set up?

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Yeah. kiss your set up.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you have firefox and AdBlock? That works for me.

message 8: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments I have Chrome and an adblocker that i love. Eventually it goes bad and ads seep through, and then I need to reinstall.

message 9: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I have firefox, but next to never use it or safari...I'm lazy and I know explorer best.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Explorer still exists!!!! That's so 90s.

message 11: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I know, my husband is trying to FORCE me into the Mac world, I am resistant to change, what can I say. (Only when it comes to computers, otherwise I'm a free spirit! :) I just don't really want to waste my time learning new stuff about computers, because I don't really care about them much and have LOTS of other fun stuff that there isn't enough time in the day for me to do.

message 12: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I was here.

message 13: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen What! You're married Amelia, I didn't know that. Is that recent?

message 14: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Marie, little over a year and a half...

message 15: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit Jason Bateman's career has been all downhill since his turn as Pepper Brooks in "Dodgeball."