Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > September 2010 Nominations for Book Club

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Cheney | 255 comments Mod
Hard to believe, but it's already time to start entering nominations for the September book club! Just mention your nominations here, and around August 24th, I'll put up a poll for voting, including all the nominations. I had no clue how to post discussion questions for The Passage, our August read, without having "spoilers" but have enjoyed reading everyone's comments. (I'd have nominated the 2nd book of the trilogy for September. . . . but it's not in print yet!) Feel free to keep commenting on The Passage in the August book club thread, and post your September nominations here.

message 2: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments I am going to nominate Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning (it's free) and Plum Island by Nelson DeMille

message 3: by Odessa (new)

Odessa (sincityreader) I'm going to nominate Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden by Arthur Golden

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (jmvalenski) | 13 comments I would like to nominate Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

message 5: by Dixie (new)

Dixie (readerofthepack) I will nominate Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins and Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen

message 6: by Natalie (last edited Aug 19, 2010 01:00PM) (new)

Natalie (bebe33075) | 52 comments Although I have already read Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah . I'd like to nominate it. I'd love to discuss. One of my favorites.

message 7: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 19, 2010 01:03PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'm not sure if Mockingjay is the best idea for 2 reasons :

1. It would be assumed that everyone has read the first 2 books in the series

2. Anyone wanting to get the book from the library would have a very long wait. There's a chance that the book would not come in by the end of the month (I've had to wait over a month for new releases before from the library) Yes, I know this is a Nook forum, so maybe everyone buys their book club selection for their Nook and this is moot, but it's just a thought...

I'm not saying this to be anti-Mockingjay. I pre-ordered the book and will be thrilled to get it next week! It just doesn't seem like it will work for next month's reading challenge.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams Sounds like it could be an interesting story about polygamy.

message 9: by Dixie (new)

Dixie (readerofthepack) Stacia wrote: "I'm not sure if Mockingjay is the best idea for 2 reasons :

1. It would be assumed that everyone has read the first 2 books in the series

2. Anyone wanting to get the book from the library ..."

That makes sense. I didn't really think about it because they are so popular. I'm just so excited to read it! Actually I only just read/listened to The Hunger Games, but I'm about to start Catching Fire so I will will be all caught up very soon.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I hope that didn't sound negative! I am counting the days until I get Mockingjay in the mail. :)

message 11: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) Dixie and Stacia, maybe we should nominate 'The Hunger Games' instead then? I already have that on my Nook to read.

message 12: by Dixie (new)

Dixie (readerofthepack) Dorie, That is a great idea! I finished it very recently so it's still fresh for discussion. Plus, it's so very good.

message 13: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 34 comments I'd like to nominate Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void - of course, I'd re-read anything Mary Roach has already written (
Stiff was fantastic!). Love her books.

message 14: by Noemi (new)

Noemi Mendez (divinemsn) | 4 comments I second the Hunger Games.

message 15: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Sloan (crystal_sloan) I nominate The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson .

message 16: by Susan (NY) (new)

Susan (NY) I nominate Little Bee by Chris Cleave Little Bee by Chris Cleave.

message 17: by Psmoore (new)

Psmoore The Girl With (any of them...) I just finished the Dragon Tattoo and have started Played With Fire..

message 18: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments Psmoore I am reading Girl with the Dragon Tattoo now. It is pretty good! Almost half way through it now.

message 19: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman is my nomination.

message 20: by Angela (new)

The poll for the September 2010 book is up now. Be sure to head over to the "polls" section and vote!

message 21: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Bout (nancybout) | 84 comments i would just like to join:) I nominate girl w dragon tatoo!!
I did not read the first two books for mokingjay..but its ON my list!=)
I will ck out "polls" will look for it.I'm sorta "new" to goodreads.Looks awesome here!Woot!

message 22: by Angela (new)

Welcome, Nancy! We've already selected The Hunger Games for September, but I'm betting Girl with the dragon tatoo will be up for vote again in October. Usually, books are nominated around the 15th of the month, with voting on the poll starting around the 24th of the month, and we start reading the book around the 1st of the month.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.