Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Delete or Combine and directions to how to combine please!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Wishard (libraryloungelizard) | 5 comments There are two copies of this book Flip by Martyn Bedford and one has no isbn's so I'm pretty sure they are the same book. With so many comments on each one I think they need to be combined but I can't seem to figure it out. Help?!

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Darcy, I see only one. Does one of them have the author's name spelled differently?

message 3: by Kaion (last edited Aug 17, 2010 04:31PM) (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) I combined the authorship, I think that was the main problem, Darcy.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Oh, Maybe someone combined it. I deleted the placeholder. The reviews/shelved book for the deleted edition got merged okay.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Wishard (libraryloungelizard) | 5 comments Well someone got right on that! Mission accomplished :)

message 6: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) Teamwork.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Kaion wrote: "Teamwork."

It does often work well!

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Wishard (libraryloungelizard) | 5 comments Found another one that I combined but one of the books should be deleted. It was created with the 10 digit isbn entered in the 13 isbn spot so it didn't conflict when someone eventually entered it correctly. So the one with no isbns should be deleted but it has too many reviews for me to do so! Leverage by Joshua Cohen...weirdly it won't come up unless you get rid of the "by" while searching

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42434 comments Mod
Got it. For future reference, it helps if you provide the link (just copy-and-paste the book page's URL).

Darcy wrote: "weirdly it won't come up unless you get rid of the "by" while searching"

Otherwise the search thinks "by" is part of either the author or the title.

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Wishard (libraryloungelizard) | 5 comments Oh okay! Thanks and I mentioned it because sometimes I put "by" in there and it works....oh well!

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Wishard (libraryloungelizard) | 5 comments Another one with two hardcover editions...one with isbns one without
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/77...

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42434 comments Mod
Darcy wrote: "I mentioned it because sometimes I put "by" in there and it works."

What can I say. The search is odd sometimes. ;)

Got that last one.