Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
People Archive > Jane's writing...

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (new)

Jane (janecs) | 1854 comments Hi, Some of you may know me... for others who don't, I'm Jane. I'm 12 years old, and I love dance, soccer, violin, and just music in general. I am obsessed with (more like addicted to) the Harry Potter series. I also love books about clever kids or smart kids, so there will be a lot of that in my stories. Most of my stories are sci-fi or fantasy. I am a very busy person, but I am going to find time to do NaNoWriMo this year!!!!

I mostly write short stories and poetry. If my stories are out of the blue random, that's most likely because I was visited by a muse. Haha that's my term for when I am like hyperventilating because I have to get my hands on a pen or the keyboard. I don't care what I write on, I just have to write. Usually when that happens I end up writing poetry. Ah, so now I'm onto the topic of my poetry. I write a lot of it, but mostly it is cliche, embarrassing, and overall just bad, so if I do post any poems it's because I like them and would not be humiliated by other people reading it. Oh, and my descriptions stink, so don't let that stop you from reading it!

Most of this stuff is unedited, and I'm not a very good writer, but I love it, so what can I say? Practice, practice, practice, right?

So without further ado... here's my writing so far!

The Locker
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...
Riley is excited about her first day of middle school. But when she discovers something so extraordinary in the midst of a normal middle school (Although a middle school could hardly be called normal) she finds herself whisked away to another world.

Night of June
Ever considered your world to be dark? Well, 10-year-old Matthew Kinnons is about to find out what that means... but not in the sense you might expect.
This is a Short Story. Sorry it's so short, we had a length requirement for class... I would have written more but I couldn't.

You Didn't Let Me Read Tonight...
This is a poem I composed around midnight when I was mad at my parents for not letting me read. I was still awake after like two hours, and I HAD TO WRITE!!!! The first draft is written in expo marker on whatever sheets of paper I could find on my desk... and I couldn't see, so it's really hard to read. But it's still funny. The next day I gave it to my mom, and she cracked up! It reminds me of something Constance Contraire would have written, if any of you know who she is.

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane (janecs) | 1854 comments I wrote a new poem. It's horrible, kind of a spur-of-the-moment, no inspiration kind of poem. Haha but whatever, here's the link
The Dark Rain

It's sort of a metaphor about hope... in a way. Not really.

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane (janecs) | 1854 comments uh... hi? Will you read my writing plz?

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane (janecs) | 1854 comments Oh, and I combined all my poems into one "story" and posted about five new ones that I had saved on my computer. Here's a link; the old poetry ones are no good: http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

message 5: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Brigid ✩ | 11973 comments Mod
Hello Jane. Welcome to the group. I will read your writing if I ever have time (which probably won't be for about a billion years). But your stories sound cool and WOOT! NANOWRIMO! I can't wait. :)

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane (janecs) | 1854 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Hello Jane. Welcome to the group. I will read your writing if I ever have time (which probably won't be for about a billion years). But your stories sound cool and WOOT! NANOWRIMO! I can't wait. :)"

Neither can I, it' won't come fast enough yet it's coming too fast. Well, sorta. I have the start of my story, and the rough end, but I don't have any of the last half planned in my head. I'm just gonna write and see where it takes me.

message 7: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

That's pretty much the point that I'm at, too. I have a beginning and an end, and a few random things in the middle but it's pretty hazy. I've started outlining but I'm already stuck, lol. Hopefully something will come to me in the next two months ... OMG TWO MONTHS, that's less time than I thought it was!!! XD

message 8: by Jane (new)

Jane (janecs) | 1854 comments Hahaaa... if I don't think of anything I'm just gonna go for it blind. You know, you can't see where the road is taking you, but you just take one step at a time in the right direction (hopefully)

message 9: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Everyone has a different method I guess. Haha. Personally, if I don't plan at all then I can't even write my story. XD

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (mariachhile) | 8772 comments Mod
I think I'm going to take Jane's path.

And Brigid, Jane has heard plenty about you. XD

message 11: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

She … has?

Yes she has. She's one of my RL friends, and has experienced some conversations over my shoulder a while ago. Then she learned more about you, and I tried to persuaded her to read some of you writng. So she knows you pretty well and you don't know her at all. :P

message 13: by Jane (new)

Jane (janecs) | 1854 comments :) Yep! Hehe I'm a detective in a pink plastic hat!!!

message 14: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Oh. Oh my. Well … Hi. Hope you didn't read anything I said when I was high … on caffeine that is. I think I'm making things worse. *hides*

I don't recall anything in particular... And yes you are. But come out of your hiding.

message 16: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Okay. :)

message 17: by Libby (new)

Libby (libbyag) I read a bunch of your stuff and reviewed it. I like it :)

message 18: by Jane (new)

Jane (janecs) | 1854 comments thanks, Libby. I know this is really late. Like really late.

message 19: by Jane (new)

Jane (janecs) | 1854 comments So... I'm working on a new story... I'm thinking of calling it Cat-Boy at the moment, but it all keeps changing in my head... I'll post more details soon.

message 20: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) | 4987 comments JANE. I LOVE YOU.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.