Unputdownables Book Club discussion

Instructions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wallace (new)

Wallace | 303 comments Mod
This is the section where you can post a book that you would like to read with other people.

I am copying the Buddy Reads group (that I am a part of) with this.

1.) Put the title of the book in the Topic Title and then put the date you want to start reading it next to that in parenthesis. Ex. Pride and Prejudice (8/17/10)

2.) In the message let people know a little bit about the book.

3.) If you are interested in joining in with someone's read, let them know in that conversation thread.

message 2: by Carin (new)

Carin A few of us are planning on doing an Alexandre Dumas/Three Musketeers read-a-long in mid-January. I will post details in December.

message 3: by Wallace (new)

Oh good!

message 4: by JudiAnne (new)

JudiAnne (judipatooti) How about the new Ken Follett novel Fall of Giants. It's the first in a trilogy and it's supposed to be great. I just received my copy from Amazon and I am going to start it as soon as I finish The Gargoyle. Anyone interested?

message 5: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 113 comments I really want to read Fall of Giantsbut I'm not sure how soon I will get to it. I'm really trying to get through the stack of books I already have at home before I tackle anything new. I'm anxious to hear what you think of it, though!

message 6: by Wallace (new)

Hi Judith!

Do you want me to help you open a topic about Fall of Giants? It might garner a bit more interest because people will see it in the topic header. I might be interested in reading it too.

message 7: by JudiAnne (new)

JudiAnne (judipatooti) Wallace wrote: "Hi Judith!

Do you want me to help you open a topic about Fall of Giants? It might garner a bit more interest because people will see it in the topic header. I might be interested in reading it too."

Sure, I haven't opened a topic before so if you will "walk" me through it I'd love to. I'm a 100 pages before finishing The Gargoyle and then I am going to start my copy of this very big book.

message 8: by Wallace (new)

1.) Go to the top of this page where it says "topic: Read-a-Long". Click on "Read-a-Long".
2.) You will see "Discussions> Read-a-Long" and across from that will see "edit folders/ new topic", click on "new topic".
3.) In the blank box under "topic" write the title of the book you want to read. Then make sure to post something in the "comment" box as well (or it won't let you post the topic). I suggest putting a description of the book here (or a link to the book) so that people know what it's about.

Let me know if you have any more questions! :)