Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Interracial Categories > Black Woman/White Man

Comments Showing 1-50 of 213 (213 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Bekah, Mod (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 113 comments Mod
Here you can list books with the bw/wm IR combo.

message 2: by Alma (last edited Feb 08, 2012 11:48PM) (new)

Alma Hudson (almahu) | 3 comments I guess I will start the discussion. Hello, my name is Alma Hudson and I wrote a book called, "Checkered Fences" about an interracial romance between a black women and a white man. The story is based upon my personal experiences and takes place in the early 1970's. I find very few books written from a young black women's point of view that discuss issues such as arranged marriages in the African-American community, reverse discrimination, the Women's Rights movement, the Civil Rights movement, domestic violence, the music of the 1970's, and the positive change that has taken place in America as a result of these movements.

I can go on and on. Here's my author's website, but my book can be purchased at any major bookstore in paperback, Kindle, and E-Book. Thanks for listening.
http://www.amazon.com/Alma-Hudson/e/B...

message 3: by James (new)

James Lewis (jameswlewis) | 19 comments Hello, all. I guess I'll go next. :-) My book "Sellout" focuses on the common stereotypes and prejudices that often drive people to date outside the race. In "Sellout," a black woman, black man, and white woman face the consequences of interracial dating. Tammy, the main black female, is fed up with the obstacles between her and that "black king," so she decides white men must be the way to go. But she never expected the emotional turmoil that followed. You can find "Sellout" at www.jameswlewis.com.

message 4: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Hi James,
Your story sounds interesting.
Did you find it difficult writing from a female perspective?

message 5: by James (new)

James Lewis (jameswlewis) | 19 comments Hello, Jo and thanks. Yes, I did, actually, especially for this book, because I not only have one, but two main female characters--AND several female supporting characters. But I had female editors chop up the book. Every female that's read SELLOUT said I captured the female voices very well. Ironically, I had a literary agent for my last book and the main character was female, too. LOL
If you want, you can register for a free copy here. You can also read more about SELLOUT at www.jameswlewis.com.

message 6: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Thanks James,

I will check that out.

message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Johnson (VanessaAJohnson) | 58 comments Sounds like my kind of read, James. Is your book available as an ebook? Congrats and much success with SELLOUT and all of your other endeavors.

message 8: by James (new)

James Lewis (jameswlewis) | 19 comments Hello, Vanessa! Yes, you can find it on Kindle and Smashwords. Here are the links:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sellout-ebook/d...

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

Hope you check it out! Thank you!

message 9: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Johnson (VanessaAJohnson) | 58 comments You're welcome.

message 10: by Trenice (last edited Oct 01, 2010 12:27AM) (new)

Trenice I am not sure if this is where I should post this but, this my my review of The Chronicles of Stelle Rice The Chronicles of Stella Rice by Adrienne Kama.

I would highly recommend reading The Chronicles of Stella Rice. Ms. Kama did an exception job of introducing her lead character to the nuances of a menage relationship, while, at the same time, dealing with the intricacies of self-examination and loyalty to friends. In most instances of the book, I could actually put myself in Stella's shoes, and I think you would agree. But, what I loved most about this title is that Ms. Kama filled her characters dialogue with the challenges interracial couples encounter to seek happiness. For erotica fanatics, you will not be disappointed. The sex sizzles with every turn of the page. As my final note, I would like to say that Stella will have you laughing out loud.

message 11: by John (last edited Oct 01, 2010 08:05PM) (new)

John | 7 comments A black woman, a white man . . . well, I've written one of those novels, too--a political thriller.

A white American diplomat falls for a black, or at least very dark brown, British lawyer, working in Cambodia. One of the themes is that while in the west, especially at the professional level, an interracial love affair is no longer likely to collide with the bigotry that was common even 3 decades ago, in Asia those collisions are still likely to occur. Among many Asians, black foreigners are not seen as equal to white foreigners. In the novel's plot, this lack of equivalent status creates a dangerous situation. . . .

The End of the Monsoon is available in bookstores in the UK and Europe, and everywhere on Amazon. The first chapter's here: http://jplathrop.net.

A question: has anyone here seen a 1964 film called The Seventh Dawn? It's a story set in Malaya during the post-WWII communist insurgency. Capucine plays the Malay wife of an American planter, played by William Holden. I saw it so long ago I can't remember if Capucine really brought off being Malay--she was awfully tall--but she was one attractive, strong native, and as a young boy I found her both disturbing and irresistible.

message 12: by Bekah, Mod (new)

I just finished Trolling Nights by Savannah J. Frierson and it was PHENOMENAL!! If you haven't read it yet and its in your TBR pile, bump it up!!!

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I'm glad you liked it Bekah. I loved it.

message 14: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 1 comments Bekah, I agree with you both. Trolling Nights is a great book. I highly recommend it.

message 15: by Pygmy (new)

Pygmy Wheel of the Infinite by Martha Wells

This is primarily a fantasy book, but the main character is an older black woman priestess who gradually falls in love with a younger white warrior during the course of the story. The plot and the world-building in this story is excellent, and even though this isn't a romance, I think it is good enough for cross-over appeal!

message 16: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Ooh! How cool! Thanks, Pygmy! I usually go for the switched May/December but this sounds awesome! I'll definitely check it out. :-D

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Thanks for the heads up, Pygmy. Fantasy books with a good romance is my newest obsession!

message 18: by new_user (new)

new_user Oh thanks, Pygmy! I already have another Wells book on the TBR, but I'll add that one too! :D

message 19: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

I hope you get to work on it again, Cheryl. :-)

Looking forward to chatting with you as well. Glad you joined the group! :-D

message 20: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6569 comments Mod
Welcome Cheryl.

message 21: by Pygmy (new)

Pygmy new_user: what other Martha Wells book do you have? I really like her works, tho I haven't read her stargate tie-ins since I never watched the show.

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Welcome to the group, Cheryl.

message 23: by Bekah, Mod (new)

Welcome Cheryl, good luck on your short story!!!

message 24: by new_user (last edited Oct 30, 2010 01:51AM) (new)

new_user @Pygmy: I have her first Ile-Rien book, Wizard Hunters. Yeah, I haven't seen much Stargate either, so I wasn't really interested in the books. As much as I think novelizations are a cool concept, the execution is usually not as I'd hoped.

message 25: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Hehe please do, Cheryl! I'd like to know how things progress. :-)

Same here! I enjoy chatting books with you!

message 26: by Arch , Mod (new)

Butterfly, you can post your stories under the spicy/erotic original IR fiction folder.

message 27: by Arch , Mod (new)

You are welcome Butterfly.

message 28: by Amon Noir (new)

Amon Noir | 15 comments I just finished two really great books.
AJ's Serendipity by Savannah J. Frierson
This book is definitely for those who love romance without overwhelming explicit content(not that I'm complaining XD). It's really sweet and a foreign love affair at best.

Designing Love by Yvonne Nicolas
I just finished this book yesterday and I have to say that it is an erotic roller coaster. I did feel like it could've been longer because of the plot but it was an awesome read.

message 29: by Delilah (last edited Dec 22, 2010 08:34PM) (new)

Delilah Hunt (delilah_hunt) | 40 comments The Vampire's Pet by Delilah Hunt (Changeling Press)Erotic I/R
A vampire discovers his pet wolf is a shapeshifting female of an enemy race.

For centuries the vampire Mikhail has hunted the Loup Garou, werewolf shifters. Ever present by his side, his faithful she-wolf Kassia, an unassuming pet… until the day he stumbles upon her secret.

A Loup Garou trapped inside her she-wolf body, Kassia suddenly finds herself in human form, complete with the trappings of being a werewolf in heat. Will Mikhail, the powerful leader, cast her aside or keep her to fullfill their each and every desire?

First Chapter link is on my website. www.delilahhunt.com

message 30: by Pygmy (new)

Pygmy I just finished reading this book and thought it was super intense and definitely very different from any other romance or Christian book I've read. Deals with tons of issues, with interesting, appealing, and very nuanced characters. It's not perfect, but I still highly recommend it:

Zora and Nicky A Novel in Black and White by Claudia Mair Burney

message 31: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) I read this book too and I loved it. I mean there was a scene or two that had me think WTH but otherwise it was a great read.
It didn't feel overbearingly religious but it was a major part of the characters lives. It had intense moments and decent HEA.

message 32: by postcrdprincess (new)

postcrdprincess | 366 comments Thanks for reminding me about this book. I agree that it was very intense, but I too enjoyed reading it.

message 33: by Bekah, Mod (new)

Thanks Pygmy, I'll have to check it out!

message 34: by Lawanda (last edited Mar 18, 2011 01:30AM) (new)

Lawanda (sunnienicole) | 2 comments Hey im new to the group and i just decided to add my two senses. Im currently reading an IR titled "Jennifer's Wager" and its a great book so far. ill tell you about it later. I read alot of IR books but it seems like lately the same plots are beginning to repeat themselves in several authors' work. Hopefully this book will be as good in the end as it is in the beginning. You know how some books start off good but by the end you're wondering how you were tricked into buying such a crappy book. lol. Now back to the book im reading. The main characters are Sydney, Max, Greg and Jennifer. Sydney is a black photgrapher who grew up in an orphanage and like many children who have horror stories about being in foster care she still has nightmares about it as an adult. She is rescued by a lady and her daughter Jenn who is the same age as Sydney. Her new mother begins seeing a new boyfriend who is an alchoholic and abusive. The torment in Sydney's life seems to reappear. Once she becomes of age she decides to leave and her sister never forgives her for it. Which is where most of the drama in the book comes from. She receives a letter from Jennifer stating that she is dying from cancer and she wishes for Sydney to come and take care of her husband and infant son. I dont want to spoil the book for you so ill move on to the other characters. Jennifer feels bad about the way things ended between her and Sydney and she wants to make it up to her by giving her sister the life she wont be around to enjoy for herself. The only problem is noone knows she even had a sister, especially a black one. Has that pigued your interest yet? if not ill keep going. She decides not to tell her husband about her sister and the plans that she's made for HIS life after she dies and thats where the plot thickens even more. Max is your typical man's man. He's strong, caring and when he loves he loves hard. He fell in love with Jennifer almost at first sight. He loves his wife dearly but he's beginning to think that he didnt really know her at all. Suprise after suprise keeps popping up in his life after she dies and he cant help but to wonder if maybe she knew what she was doing afterall. Greg is Max's bestfriend from childhood and he is instantly attracted to Sydney. He knows Max may have feelings for her but he's beginning to have some feelings of his own about Sydney. He just cant get over those CURVES... Go out and get a copy of this book to find out what happens in the rest of their story. The sex scenes are explicit so if you're not into that sort of thing then maybe you should go buy a copy of the movie 'Its a wonderful life" instead because obviously that's more of your speed. But if you're like me and you like a little Rated R in your books from time to time then sit back,grab a quick beverage and ENJOY. =)

message 35: by Arch , Mod (new)

Lawanda,

Thanks for sharing what you have about the book. I will speak for myself. I don't read erotic books or even care for explicit sex scenes in a book. That doesn't mean that I have to go buy the movie It's a wonderful life. Sex doesn't move me. I love tension. And as a writer, I focus my stories around tension and not sex.

Everyone's reading taste is different.

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Welcome to the group, Lawanda.

message 37: by Lawanda (last edited Mar 20, 2011 01:55PM) (new)

Lawanda (sunnienicole) | 2 comments Arch,
Im not a big fan of explicit material myself but the author managed to describe the sex scenes in the book in a way that wasnt distasteful. As an aspiring author i would have to agree that tension is more of my focus when writing than sex is but sometimes a nice love scene just completes the end of a chapter so nicely. I would love to read some of your work and i would like to thank you for taking the time out to respond. Im an avid reader and sometimes i get so passionate about a book im reading that i tend to put my foot in my mouth regarding other people's views on it. I.E the "its a wonderful life" comment. In case someone else was offended by it then let me apologize in advance. I meant no disrespect but thats how i felt at the time. Good luck in your writing and enjoy your reading!!

P.S. Thank you for the welcome Lady Danielle. =)

message 38: by Arch , Mod (new)

:) @ Lawanda. Thank you for your reply. I have a story on this group called Courage. It's a sweet story. You might want to read my dangerous bad boy story.

I have to warn you my stories aren't exempt from errors and trust me, I'm my own worst critic. Read at your own risk. My writing style is different from writing styles you are used to. I write in present tense too.

I will send you the story's link in private message.

message 39: by Eye-I (new)

Eye-I (adenaofda) | 1 comments Can someone suggest some good ebooks where the guy rescues the girl from abuse? I am soo new to this i dont know where to look. Please help!!

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

You might like this one, Tennille:

Cory's Salvation by Shara Azod

Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend (eliselovesshinyandnew) | 56 comments @Tennille- Loving Jiro is an I/R with Asian male and black female and she has to escape an abusive relationship. I did not particularly care for it, however, there were several reviews that were very favorable. I liked the premise, it's just the heroine annoyed me. Loving Jiro by Jordyn Tracey

message 42: by Maria (new)

Maria | 11 comments @ danielle,

I earmarked Cory's salvation on my TBR list, sounds interesting, I am not usually into cowboy romances.

message 43: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I hope you like it, Maria. I loved Cory!

message 44: by Fiona (new)

Fiona McGier | 128 comments Hi all, my latest book, The Reluctant Bride, is about a successful black woman whose parents want her to marry someone "worthy" of her. So she's walking down the aisle to marry the ambitious white lawyer her parents like, when he turns away from her to answer his cell phone. She flips out and runs out of the church. Turns out she carried on a long-time affair with the white boy she dated in high school, who is now a mechanic who works on the expensive cars driven by lawyers. Which one is the right choice for her?
Warning: steamy sex scenes.
I write contemporary, because sex without birth control is scary...erotic, because life without sex is boring...and romance because love makes the world go round.
www.fionamcgier.com

Book link: http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/torr...

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1211 comments @Fiona: Just added this to my TBR stack. Thanks much and I can't wait to read it!

message 46: by Fiona (new)

Fiona McGier | 128 comments Thanks Vixenne...hopefully soon it will be on Amazon so I can post the cover here. It's already at my publisher, but sometimes there's a delay...you get better pricing at the publisher anyway.

message 47: by Empi (last edited Dec 07, 2011 02:23AM) (new)

Empi Baryeh (empibaryeh) | 41 comments Hi all. Your books sound interesting. I'll be checking out your bogs/sites for more. I'm new to the group and catching up with all the threads. I write multicultural romance set in Ghana, West Africa.

I have a BW/WM IR romance titled Chancing Faith, coming out in 2012 (release date to be confirmed). My story is about an American ad exec, Thane, who travels to Ghana, West Africa, and meets exotic beauty, Naaki, an intern at the company he’s working with. He's a man who doesn't do casual relationships and has been burnt before dating a co-worker, so he's definitely not interested in starting anything with Naaki. But the more they work together the more she has him wanting to break all the rules. My heroine also has it bad for the hero, but since her ex saw her only as ‘wife and mother’ material, she's determined to prove him wrong by focusing on building her career. However, Thane, her new boss gives her all sorts of ideas that have nothing to do with work.

It's a very sweet and tender romance with one fully-described love scene (which I think is very tastefully done - i.e. I wouldn't be horrified if my mum read it).[@Lawanda, pls don't dismiss my story or skip the love scene if you ever read it. LOL]

While developing this novel, it was important to write a story in which race wasn't a plot point. Bringing my American hero to the west coast of Africa and have him experience the culture was way more fun than dwelling on the fact that he was white and she was black.

message 48: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Oh yay it is the one I was thinking! Squee, loved that story! Can't wait to buy my copy and see what happens.

I'd love to read more IRs that take place with various cultures and in different countries. Your novel spoiled me on that! :-)

message 49: by Empi (new)

Empi Baryeh (empibaryeh) | 41 comments @Rae, I'll keep you posted

message 50: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Thank you, Empi. :-)

« previous 1 3 4 5