Graywolf Press discussion

Weekend Reads > Weekend Reads 8/13/10

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisa, Moderator (new)

Marisa Atkinson (totesmarisa) | 244 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

I know I'm late with the weekend reads (I was out of town without internet access!), but now we can talk about what we did read this weekend.

I was up at our family cabin and had copious amounts of time to read. I nearly finished Everything Is Going to Be Great: An Underfunded and Overexposed European Grand Tour by Rachel Shukert (hilarious!), and made serious progress on The Thing Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (beautiful! remarkable!).

What about you?

message 2: by Sara (last edited Aug 17, 2010 09:58AM) (new)

Sara Habein (sara_habein) | 26 comments Finally finished Readings by Sven Birkerts. It was all right, just not for me.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Im late to this too! Eek! But, in my defense, my weekend only started today. (hehehe)

I just finished Light Boxes the other day and it was amazing! This man can write!

I am about to start The Elephant's Journey - it's an ARC I just recvd from HMH, and since it I have been dying for it, and because it's by my favorite author ever (Jose Saramago) it moves right past all of the other review copies.

Saramago takes a back seat to no one! So excited to get started with this one.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (blacksheepdances) | 34 comments I finished Klausen by Open Letter, and No Space for Further Burials from Akashic. Midway through Blue Has No South....

The weather has changed and it's perfect, so I'll be reading outside lots this week.