Guys Can Read Book Club discussion

The Guys review All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GuysCanRead (new)

GuysCanRead | 24 comments Mod
This week the Guys come of age as they wrangle Cormac McCarthy's, All the Pretty Horses. http://tiny.cc/az43o

message 2: by C.K. (new)

C.K. Webb (CKWebb) | 1 comments FANTASTIC book, McCarthy's writing style is fluid and beautiful and this story is so good....Loved it!

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin McGill | 41 comments Mod
I haven't read it, but thinking about diving into Blood Meridian or The Road.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael (bigorangemichael) | 10 comments The Road is a great book, but be ready to be depressed as hell when it's done.

message 5: by Luke (new)

Luke Navarro | 10 comments Mod
True dat.

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol (ckubala) I believe you did a great job summing up a complex book. For me it was all about the language. I think each of us finds something different to love in McCarthy's writing.

message 7: by Co2 (new)

Co2 | 1 comments Great book, 1st of McCarthy's Border Trilogy. I read them through over a few weeks a while ago. Once you get into the rythym of the language the books are difficult to put down.

The language is sparse but gives insight into the characters. McCarthy takes his time with his development, he lets his story grow slowly.

Spend plenty of time with my friends here, I read The Road a few months later. I think McCarthy is one of the few authors I love to read, but I don't think I'd like to have a conversation with him. I was never a Hemingway fan, but what fun it would have been to talk to him. Get it?