Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Movies & TV > Colombiana with Zoe Saldana and Michael Vartan

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Shadow and Act reported of this upcoming Luc Besson co-written and produced thriller (I heart that guy) where Zoe Saldana will pair with Michael Vartan (the IR go to guy? hehe) in Colombiana.

The story goes:

The story will be set in both Columbia and the USA, with Saldana playing a young woman who grows up to become an assassin, after she witnesses the murder of her parents as a child in Bogota. She then goes on to work for her uncle as a hitman by day, while also seeking out and knocking off, vigilante-style, each man who had anything to do with the death of her parents, leading her to a final showdown with the mobster who’s ultimately responsible.

Michael Vartan has joined the cast, and will play Saldana’s boyfriend in the film – an artist who has no idea what she does for a living.

The script was written by Besson and Robert Mark Kamen, who previously paired-up on Taken, The Transporter and The Fifth Element.

Production is scheduled to begin later this year, with a September 2, 2011 release date planned.

Can't wait for the trailer!

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Ooh, that sounds good!

message 3: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Okay I like Zoe but she's getting dangerously close to overexposure to me. Every movie that comes out now has her in it. LOL!

Best Wishes!

http://www.stacy-deanne.net

message 4: by Bekah, Mod (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 113 comments Mod
I LOVE Michael Vartan!!!!

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I'd have to agree with you, Stacy-Deanne. I think Hollywood sets up some starlets/starboys for future failure by doing that.

message 6: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1228 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I'd have to agree with you, Stacy-Deanne. I think Hollywood sets up some starlets/starboys for future failure by doing that."

That's the business model for all things products. You kill it, make as much money off of it and then move on to the next hot product.