Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please Update Cover for ISBN 0553574566

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 203 comments My paperback edition of A Monstrous Regiment of Women published by Bantam Books has this cover image:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-med...

And, it only has 336 pages of text.

Thanks in advance,

Jon Moss

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23766 comments Jon, I note that Jenny has uploaded a cover and changed the page numbers.

But which cover should you have?

The light blue or the intense dark blue?

message 3: by Jenny (last edited Aug 16, 2010 06:42PM) (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 179 comments I deleted the cover that had been uploaded and when I refreshed it the same cover was put back up.
Is this maybe an alternate cover for the same ISBN?

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23766 comments That was what I was thinking Jenny. We'll have to wait for Jon.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42441 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "I deleted the cover that had been uploaded"

Please don't do this, even when people ask for it. ;) Existing covers should only be deleted when they are incorrect.

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 179 comments I don't usually, and was going to undo the delete if needed. From now on I'll skip the lazy and check the covers elsewhere first. :)

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

You cannot undo a cover deletion, unless you have saved the image on your computer.

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 179 comments It let me do it on this book.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

*goes off to check logs*

Hey, cool! When did that ability get added?

message 10: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Thornton (b17-t93) | 3 comments I have a book from the library with a cover like this:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19...

message 11: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 203 comments Sorry, I missed this. Been busy at work. Let me review the links.

message 12: by Jon (last edited Aug 17, 2010 08:47AM) (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 203 comments Sandra wrote: "That was what I was thinking Jenny. We'll have to wait for Jon."

It's the light blue cover with the hats pictured in cutouts.

message 13: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 179 comments It is the same ISBN as the edition that you linked?

message 14: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23766 comments Jenny, Jon posted the ISBN in the header.

Jon, I've created the alternate cover version, you need to switch to that edition to have the correct cover.

Any other details you have can be posted here for update.

message 15: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 203 comments Sorry for the delay. Very busy work day today. The ISBN on my edition is the same as the ISBN with the wrong cover, unfortunately.

message 16: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 1 comments I have been trying to hunt down all the copies available of this series with these covers: since the ISBN seems to be the same, can anyone suggest another way to hunt it down? On the internet especually, the book cover picture is unreliable.