Comfort Reads discussion

Chit Chat - TV & Movies > Harry Potter DH

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann | 219 comments For those who want to know, apparently the split for the final movie(s) has been announced!!!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movien...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to have to skim through the book again to see where this is. I can't remember when/how he gets the wand.

I guess they are going to skip a lot of things again, like in the other movies. I really wonder how they will pull this off.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, they left Kreacher out of Order of the Phoenix, and he's important. And Snape has had cameo parts in the last two films. He still stole the scene! And they really skimped on Lupin and Tonks story, and Dobby disappeared. My list goes on.......

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

The funeral was a great scene in the book!

(Can you define poxy for me?) In Order of the Phoenix, they left out so much of the fighting between Snape and Sirius -- this is when Snape started getting walk-on parts.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Fiona wrote: "poxy = tiny, little, worthless."

That's a new one for me! lol Yep, we get to see Kreacher walk by the room and peer in with a nasty look on his face. He is so important to both the fifth and the seventh book, in his minor role.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Long ago I heard somewhere that the first DH movie is going to start with Dumbledore's funeral. I hope so.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Lisa wrote: "Long ago I heard somewhere that the first DH movie is going to start with Dumbledore's funeral. I hope so."

That will make it even longer and/or more crammed together!

I watch the movies the same way you do, Fiona. They are sort of visual highlights of the books. The books are long and the film makers took what they thought was best, but the story suffered for it.