Booksfree discussion

Groups

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 40 comments Mod
Has everyone found the Feedback and Librarian groups? Do we have any authors here?

Can you recommend any other groups we might like?

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne (booklover6) I don't think I'm in either of those groups. I don't remember what groups I am in here, except one about m/m romance, I think.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

I think everyone should read the Feedback group, just to see announcements, if nothing else. For example they just added a field for series. I've also learned about things there that I may never have found on my own.

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne (booklover6) Ok I joined it, and the series lists are great! I'd like to read the Saga of the Skolian Empire by Catherine Asaro series, but finding the order has been tricky. Goodreads has them all listed!

message 5: by Deborah (new)

I like Catherine Asaro, I've read all of those except the last one: Diamond Star (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #13) by Catherine Asaro .
If you are looking for any other series that you can't find or find one that is wrong or missing titles, please let me know. As a librarian I can make corrections, and since this is a new field, there will be a lot of things to clean up.

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 3 comments I read the first of the Skolian books. I love the Lost Continent books especially the first one.

message 7: by Deborah (last edited Aug 18, 2010 09:18AM) (new)

OK, added #10 and #11 to the Saga of the Skolian Empire.

ETA: They probably didn't get picked up by the script that was used to populate the series field because of the secondary series Triad in the title field.

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne (booklover6) When will the series list be searchable?

message 9: by Deborah (new)

I don't know.

message 10: by Anne (new)

Anne (booklover6) I see that Mageverse by Angela Knight is missing some, they are probably short stories. There are some errors in the list for Harmony by Jayne Ann Castle. Some errors in the Dark-Hunter series by Kenyon. Under Atlantis there are series by 2 different authors mixed together.

Those are just a few things I noticed. Should I list them here or not? I know they are still working on it.

message 11: by Deborah (new)

I fixed Mageverse and Harmony. Looks like someone else has cleaned up Dark-Hunter. Can you link to the first book in each Under Atlantis series? Since series aren't searchable I can't find them without book titles or authors.

message 12: by Anne (new)

Anne (booklover6) Oh I am sorry, the series is Atlantis, the way I wrote the sentence looks funny doesn't it! The two authors are Gena Showalter, and the other one is Harry Turtledove.
Heart of the Dragon
Opening Atlantis

message 13: by Deborah (new)

OK, fixed both of those. Harry Turtledove is a mess, I'll have to work on his other series later. May be too busy to do much this weekend.

message 14: by Abby (new)

Abby Fick | 4 comments Where do I find the series lists? I tried looking at the groups suggested, but way these pages are organized confuses me.

message 16: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) A good source for series info: fictfact.com and fantasticfiction.com.

I'm in a lot of groups. I found most of them by just searching different genres that I read and joining the active ones. Some I'm in because a friend invited me and the group looked good so I joined.

There are a lot of authors on goodreads and I'm friends with a few. Some found me because I added one of their books to my TBR or reviewed them or because I read the genre they write. Others I found just by adding their books to my shelves and seeing that they're a goodreads author. I don't think author's in general are super active on goodreads probably because they don't want to be accused of too much self-promotion. But there are some who do Q/A's with different groups and participate on some level.

message 17: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) Anyone is welcome to peruse my friend and group list-if it lets you.

message 18: by Deborah (new)

Another way to find groups is through the books you like. On the book page it lists the groups that have shelved it.

message 19: by Deborah (new)

Let me know if there are any other books or series that need to be corrected.
Thanks