Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Tenderness
This topic is about Tenderness
Contemporary > Tenderness by Robert Cormier

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley (affie) | 468 comments Has anyone else read this book? Tenderness by Robert Cormier is a book I had never heard about, but I stumbled across it on amazon one day. Amazingly (because it's really small) my local library had a copy, and I decided to read it.

It was intense! Reading this is the first time in my life I can recall having legitimate sympathy, pity, and positive feelings for the villain of a story. Eric is a serial killer who analyzes all of his actions to determine how they can best serve his hidden agenda. And yet, because of the brilliant way Cormier wrote his character, I was rooting for him! I don't really know how to explain the complicated emotions this books brings out.

It's definitely a book worth reading, and I would love to hear what other people thought about it.

message 2: by Alaa (new)

Alaa | 9 comments No but I want to read it. This is very usefull, thanks.

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 265 comments I read this when I was about 15, or 16 I think and I remember really enjoying it. It's one of my favorite books actually. I should read it again soon.

Ashley (affie) | 468 comments Eden, that's great! If you do reread it, let me know what you think! I definitely want to own this one so that I can reread it in the future.

Lydia (loverofinformation) | 596 comments I read Tenderness and really had to wonder about Cormier. He is an amazing author. His writing is so engaging and the topics he attacks are amazing.

Did you read We All Fall Down? I was amazed by this one as well.

Ashley (affie) | 468 comments Lydia, I haven't read that one yet, but it looks very interesting. I just added it to my tbr pile. The only other Cormier I've read is The Chocolate War, and I agree that Cormier has something great going on.

Lydia (loverofinformation) | 596 comments I have found a number of books I did not know Cormier has written. I'll try to make a note of them.