Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Armed Services Edition (paperback)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James (james_k_bowers) | 152 comments I'm having some second thoughts about my treatment of this one: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/88... (I own a copy of this book, so if you have any specific questions regarding it, I'll do my best to answer them.)

This is an Armed Services Edition (paperback), which was condensed from the book I combined it with... However, since it is an abridged version of the original and therefore not the "same" book, maybe I should separate it instead, and add a note indicating it shouldn't be combined with The Man In The Arena: Speeches and Essays by Theodore Roosevelt (Hardcover) (and perhaps also noting "This book not to be confused with The Man in the Arena: Selected Writings of Theodore Roosevelt: A Reader (ISBN 0765306719), which is a collection of portions of TR's longer written works.")?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
In general, we do combined abridged (as opposed to adapted) works with the unabridged editions.

message 3: by James (last edited Aug 16, 2010 03:25PM) (new)

James (james_k_bowers) | 152 comments rivka wrote: "In general, we do combined abridged (as opposed to adapted) works with the unabridged editions."

I just didn't see this addressed specifically in the section on combining editions in the manual, so it caused me to question what I had already done... Thanks for the clarification.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
It's a slightly murky area. ;)