For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

2010 Threads *Old* > I just joined

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbaradesimone51gmailcom) | 13 comments I just wanted to say thank you for this site. I'm desparate to get into a book club. I live in the country and the only time they have book club is during the day. I was trying to figure out how to start a book club, and being an idiot on the internet, I was not succeeding very well. Then I found this site. I am a voracious reader and it is so much more fun to have people to discuss the book with. Elyssa, I read how you started this site-what a great idea. I'm not sure how all this works, so bear with me. FYI, I am currently reading the Last Olympian, a Blackbird Sister mystery and The Lady Elizabeth. I just finished Fever Dream and the Battle of the Labyrinth. I listen to books in my car, read them in the house and read large print when exercising. I am curretly a bookkeeper in a music store and used to be a librarian for a tiny library (where I ran 3 book clubs). I'm rambling, but I just wanted to introduce myself and see how this all works. I would appreciate any tips.

Barb

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbaradesimone51gmailcom) | 13 comments Thanks Julia!

message 3: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) hi barbara, this website is great for us booklovers!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I had a freind point me in the direction of this site. At first I was a slow learner. But once you get to know some of the people and get into a grove you will find it hard to not look away for too long. GoodReads is a huge book family!

message 5: by Jules (new)

Jules (fiddlebug13) Just joined...and it's awesome!!!

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbaradesimone51gmailcom) | 13 comments I'm really excited-I'm going to get my sister to join too! Thanks for the comments.

message 7: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ welcome barbara, i hope you enjoy our discussions. make yourself at home. we all love books here.

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbaradesimone51gmailcom) | 13 comments Thank you Elizabeth. Maybe you can save me a little time. Is there anywhere one the site that we actually have a discussion about specific books? Thanks.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so glad you have you aboard! :)