Writing Contests Galore discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Heyla! This is the place where you can introduce yourself!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

YAY! People joined! Thank you thank you thank you!

Now all you have to do is comment . . .
*hint hint*

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments Err, hi. My real name's Laura, but I normally go by Cal or other nicknames. I know who you guys are from Writer's Who Are Children, but I never really comment in that group. So yeah, I might need to warn you: I have an obsession with staplers, clowns freak me out, and I love duckamoles. I can be a bit of a blonde sometimes, and I'm a total dork. I've only been writing for a few months, before that I hated it - I've always been more of a reader than a writer. So yep. I typically have little to none self-esteem or pride in my work, which sucks for me. But I'm one of the most optimistic pessimists you'll ever meet.

And now I'm impressed with myself for not rambling about what a duckamole is, because pretty much no one knows. Which sucks. Majorly.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE DUCKAMOLES! They're from Tamora's Pierce's books, right?
If they're not I apologize.
And thanks for joining!!

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments haha! Nope, that's a duckmole. Duck a moles are something a friend and I made up, hehe. Duckamoles are little globes of lime green colour. They have purple polka dots and red stripes, and they have beady little black eyes. They're furry, and have purple horns, and they are EPIC. And they have bright orange hair sticking off of the top of their heads. 8D So yeah. They're almost as awesome as refragamajiggers.

So yeah. o_O I did warn you I was weird...oh crap. No, I warned you that I love staplers, hate clowns, and adore duckamoles. Crap.

Well I'm warning you now.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh! Never mind, then!

And don't worry, I'm pretty weird myself.
Meow.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments I'm a fan of Tamora Pierce's books, too, though. Which series is your fave?

Oh, well that's good. It's always more fun to weird out already weird people.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Song of the Lioness Quartet. Love Myles.

message 9: by Laura (last edited Aug 17, 2010 07:16AM) (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments haha I liked George best in that one. ;D I wasn't as big a fan of the Immortals series, but I loved Trickster's Choice/Queen.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Really? I just couldn't get into the Trickster ones.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments Hmm, I liked Ali (Sp? Haven't read 'em in so long) but I couldn't stand Nawat or whatever his name was. I've always gone back to Song of the Lioness for plain epicness, +it's the first series I read of Tamora Pierce's, so it's always had a certain..appeal to it, ya know? :P

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, me too.

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments ...

Awkward turtle :L

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

my friends do that all the time

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments haha same. I like to do all the ones that make people give you weird looks, like awkward angel/inchworm/all that crap..In fact, doing pretty much anything that makes people give you weird looks is fine by me. xD.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

ha ha so true

my chicken just died......
Dogs came into our yard and broke her neck
Her name was Queen Mabel
May she rest in peace.

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments Aww. That's depressing, Poor Queen Mabel. See, that's why cats are way more awesomesauce than dogs. Who are evil. The dogs, I mean. o_O I told someone I had a pet chicken once, and I lost it..I didn't even know the person, it was like a six year old. She told me she lost her mom. o.o

:( That seriously sucks.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Awww . . . .

Tis is the third time this summer something's killed our chickens. I made a topic about it in WWAC .................

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments I saw it, that's so horrible. Are the dogs strays, or could you make a point of talking to the owner about it? Because seriously, that's like..awful. Poor little chicken...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

We reported her to the police the first time and we did it again this time. the police are to take action against her now. we're not the only people this has been happening to.
She came over to pick the dogs up and offered to pay. She acted as if it was no big deal even though I was crying rigt next to her.

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments God...that's horrible. The jerk...Her and her stupid dogs. :// And seriously?! I'm amazed that she attempted to shrug it off..that's awful.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I know. She even laughed.
She's actually a police offer so a report is not going to look good for her.

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments She laughed?! Wtheck. Something's seriously wrong with her brain...wrong. And that's good at least. Not that she's a police officer, that the matter'll be looked into.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, a police officer came to our house and got the details and took pictures of where the dogs attacked (there are feather EVERYWHERE)

message 25: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments Oh my god...I would probably have yelled at the woman if those were my chickens. o.o"" I can have..a temper at times, haha. That's just...eurg. I'm sorry. :(

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

XD thanks
she got fined 200$

message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura (xmagical) | 31 comments That's all?! We live in a messed up world...A very, very messed up world. But heck. Then again, we're messed up people. XD

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

ha ha so true........

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Poema/Elizabeth!

Glad you joined the group!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, I'm Cara and I'm from WWAC like most of you here. I like writing. A lot.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Cara! I'm glad you joined!