A new roleplay group! discussion

Welcome/Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (last edited Aug 16, 2010 10:26AM) (new)

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 180 comments Mod
Here you can introduce yourself if you're new. Welcome to all of you, make some charries and roleplay! Here's just a few rules:

1. Keep the swearing to a minimum. I don't care if you swear every once in a while, but just remember it DOES offend some people. And don't drop the f bomb every other word. If you want to swear a whole lot, like it's important to your character or something, then use made up symbols. It's way more fun to write and to read, I promise.
2. Not too much profanity. Or at least detail in profanity. Not cool.
3. Don't roleplay anyone else's character without their permission. I'm fine with 'Sally got angry and picked up Bob and threw him at the wall' as long as it's not like 'Sally got angry at Bob so she picked him up, threw him at the wall, and laughed as he tumbled to the ground, unconscious.' Because what if Bob is secretly a ninja and lands on his feet, completely conscious? So try not to do that.
4. Try to comment every once in a while. I know all about not getting on and at least looking at the posts, and it will just pile up until there's like three thousand new posts. It's annoying. So just look whenever you can.
5. If people are gone for a long time and then come back and ask what happened, please try to tell them. Give a short summary of what happened, and now where they are, what's going on, who is there, etc. And maybe even give them a way they can come back into the roleplay. But just don't ignore them, thinking someone else will tell them. Just do it yourself.
6. We like correct grammar. It makes things easy to read, and it was made for a reason. Use it. It's helpful.

Okay, so those look long, but they're really not all that hard to follow. NOW, I want you to tell me about yourself! What you like to do, random stuff about you, what you want to be called, etc. For example:

I'm Waterfall, but I like people calling me Falls. I love reading and writing and animals, but recently dropped my dream to be a veterinarian to be a writer, keeping vet as my fallback. I'm about to start my junior year in high school and am having friend troubles like you wouldn't believe. But I'm getting over it. I love to roleplay but will frequently have to get off if my mom logs off the computer and doesn't tell me the password... But I do try whenever I can.

message 2: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) umm hi im ember i love to draw act and role play/ larp im not much pf a writer but i can keep up a story line enough for a role play XD

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey everyone(: I'm Ashley. I love to read, text, and roleplay. I'm also a cheerleader and love all my family and friends. I was wondering if someone would like to roleplay with me in the life rp. Thanks! (:

message 4: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy aloha! I'm Crazy, in both senses. I'm part time student, full time fun lover (Freshman, here....can life be any better?) I love to read (although I've been having a time trying to find a really good book any suggestions?) writing is like, my LIFE. The plan at the mo' is get through the 9th grade without getting into too much trouble. (My community is a little saftey bubble of LDS. How much trouble can I get in?) After that, it's writing to acting to writing AND acting to being a director and script writing. All that fun stuff. I recently suffered through a very LONG movie. it was ok, just extremly NOT my thing. oh, my favorite TV series is either Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel.
I strongly and totally dislike, loathe, or feel disgusted when ever twilight is brought into the question. sorry people, but if thats entertainment, we're ruined. I mean C'MON. Bellas a sissy and good old Ed is a jerk. An invisable sparkling jerk.
Obviously, I have some problems with Twilight. But thats all your gonna hear about it. My rant is other, finete, nada, gone liek the wind, all that random crap. anyway. ta ta for now. I've gotta get in a few roleplays sooner or later. :)

message 5: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) ((suggestion the looking glass wars are excelent!!))

lol are you lds i am and i hate twilight to its ok XD

message 6: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Sweet! yeah, im lds too. FINALLY!!! another person who doesn't like twilgight. everyone at school(even the boys) were in love with it. then again, that was before summer. regestration today!!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by Dan (new)

Dan  | 55 comments Mod
I am Ben. Please call me that. I like to roleplay. I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I despise twilight.I am very active but I am gone periodically.

message 8: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) XD yeah Mormons who hate twilight XD

message 9: by Dan (new)

Dan  | 55 comments Mod
I am not a Mormon.

message 10: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) ohh i was talking to crazy

message 11: by Dan (new)

Dan  | 55 comments Mod
Okay.

message 12: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy hiya Ben!!! HP rocks!!!! Im so mad. I can't find my copy of the second book, thus I'm unable to do my traditional "read all Hp books before school starts." which one is your fav? Or your fav character?
I LOVED the 7th one, but my ultimate choice is the 3rd. Sirius was my favorite character, but the Twins came in a close second.

The fourth is my favourite. And Bellatrix remains my favourite character of all time. (:

message 14: by Dan (new)

Dan  | 55 comments Mod
My favorite book is probably the 5th. I liked the big battle in the Department of Mysteries.

message 15: by Kayla (last edited Aug 19, 2010 07:12AM) (new)

Kayla Hiya! My name is Kayla and no one has ever given me a nickname. :( Maybe I'll change my username. I chose my favorite charries in HP by the movies (I have read the books though) and I have to say Sirius and Lupin win all the way. I love reading and writing. I'm 13. You can hit me, but I like Twilight very much. I also very much enjoy nomming on various limbs of people... so watch out.

message 16: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) but i like my limbs i cant do yoga without them

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Well then, steer clear of me. Especially if I am in any of the following moods:
Angry, happy, frustrated, playful, bored, hysterical, crazy, positive, negative, bad, good, sad, exhilarated, and/or stupid.
MWAHAHAHA!!

message 18: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) but thats like all of the emotions Q,Q

message 19: by Kayla (new)

Kayla That's the point. *grins evilly*

message 20: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy oh boy. :)I REALLY like luna too. she's HILARIOUS.

message 21: by Dan (new)

Dan  | 55 comments Mod
Anyone on to do the Life Roleplay or High School Roleplay?

message 23: by Dan (new)

Dan  | 55 comments Mod
I don't care which one you go to.

There. I commented in the life one, and in the high school one I'm just waiting for someone to comment.

message 25: by Dan (new)

Dan  | 55 comments Mod
I commented in the Life roleplay.

message 26: by Justin (new)

Justin | 9 comments hi... im justin... im new so can you tell me if anything is going on?

Just join in the roleplays.

message 28: by Justin (new)

Justin | 9 comments ok thanks

Alexandra (Alex)  Richardson (Sherlocked_2000) Hey I'm Alex and um... I just LOVE TO RP!

message 30: by Alanna (new)

Alanna | 5 comments Hi! I'm Alanna, and roleplaying is my LIFE! I'm a massive gamer, I play Feral Heart, WolfQuest, Minecraft, Wolf Play, skyrim, etc. I love the ikrans in avatar, something random! XD I love chatting and I hope to get to know you guys better!

-Alanna