Jersey City Book Club discussion

Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:25PM) (new)

Meghan (stagnantartist) | 5 comments Mod
Okay, so we have some people here ready to start this up. I am going to throw out the first book. Douglas Coupland is coming out with a new book on September 25th. The name of the book is The Gum Theif. I know I will FLY through the book in a matter of a day or two, but i realize that i tend to do that with his books and have a 2 hour commute to do that in. So let's meet at the end of October to discuss. Either at a low key bar or a coffee joint. Sound good? Lemme know!

message 2: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

okay, so it was late coming out......... it is out now. i just got it and started...... so far liking it, but granted i am only a couple pages into it. Hehehe. I know Jessica is borrowing it after..... if anyone else needs to, let me know. I know new hardcover may be hard to pick up.

message 3: by Meghan (new)

NEW book. So we are now reading Under the Banner of Heaven. This is a non fiction book about the Mormons, and Fundamentalist religion. So we are planning on meeting in February (early). If you have already read it, just skim back over it and join us in the discussion. It should be an interesting one.