The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 10.10- Group Hug

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (last edited Aug 23, 2010 10:46AM) (new)

Dlmrose | 18132 comments Mod
10.10 GROUP HUG- Read a book that is on any OTHER Goodreads Group’s “Currently Reading” shelf when you select the book. You do not need to be a member of the other group. Required: Please tell us the name of the group.

If you need suggestions OR have suggestions for books to read for this task, please post them here.

message 2: by Dlmrose (new)

placeholder

message 3: by Dlmrose (new)

placeholder

message 4: by Cindy AL (new)

Cindy AL (cangelmd) | 664 comments Like everybody else, I'm working on my list right now! Can this book be on the August Currently Reading Shelf (OR in the case of one group I looked at, the July reading shelf, it had not changed)?

message 5: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments I saw on one of my groups what was close to being chosen for the book so I will be reading that book! They have 2 options for me. Clockwork Angel or Mockingjay. I think I will read Clockwork Angel for this task because I haven't read the other books for the Hunger Games series yet. But I think I need to fast.

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16594 comments Mod
One thing I just stumbled upon - if you click on "groups" at the top of the page, one of the things that shows up is a list of groups that are reading a book that's on your TBR list.

message 7: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (christineus) | 572 comments Group "Chick Lit Book Club" is currently reading Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin.

message 8: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments Yeah. Same question as Cindy AL -- are there any restrictions as to WHEN the GR Group is Currently Reading the novel?

message 9: by Dlmrose (new)

Cindy AL wrote: "Like everybody else, I'm working on my list right now! Can this book be on the August Currently Reading Shelf (OR in the case of one group I looked at, the July reading shelf, it had not changed)?"

I refined the task. Books should be on another Group's currently reading shelf when you select the book.

If a group still has a July shelf up and you select the book now, you may use it.

message 10: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments Thanks Dlmrose!

message 11: by Cindy AL (new)

Cindy AL (cangelmd) | 664 comments Thanks!

message 12: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 2147 comments Thanks, you answered my question! : "I refined the task. Books should be on another Group's currently reading shelf when you select the book."

BeyondReality has this one "starting" Aug. 26: The Ships of Merior

message 13: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot As of today's date-September 6th, the Adult Vampire/Paranormal Romance Group still have their August group read showing so I will rush to select it now!
Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill

message 14: by Dlmrose (new)

chucklesthescot wrote: "As of today's date-September 6th, the Adult Vampire/Paranormal Romance Group still have their August group read showing so I will rush to select it now!
Friday Night Bites by [author..."

enjoy!

message 15: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 243 comments I'm trying to fit the entire Sookie Stackhouse series into this challenge, and the only one I have yet to fit is From Dead to Worse. Yesterday, I found it on the Currently Reading shelf of Kindle Owners. However, it's been there since January. I just wanted to double check to see if it would be acceptable to use it for this task!

message 16: by Dlmrose (new)

Vicky wrote: "I'm trying to fit the entire Sookie Stackhouse series into this challenge, and the only one I have yet to fit is From Dead to Worse. Yesterday, I found it on the Currently Reading s..."

It's a currently reading shelf- it works

message 17: by southpaw285 (last edited Oct 23, 2010 09:42AM) (new)

southpaw285 My Group Hug selection (Task #10.10) is Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, which is a Group Read selection for the Chicks on Lit group for October 2010.

I'm not sure I will have finished reading it by the end of October. Is that okay, or do I need to make sure I'm finished reading it by then?

In reading the task description, I see that it must be a "currently reading" book when you select it. I'm not sure what is meant by "select". Is it just a matter of posting my choice here?

Thanks for your help.

message 18: by Dlmrose (new)

You don't have to complete it by the end of October. "Select" refers to when you identify what book you want to read for a task.

Your selection is fine