The BA's 30-something Chatterboxes discussion

Book Club Book Chats > Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Hanson Glatzel (alicat39) | 146 comments Mod
I'll send an e-mail out to see what Sunday works best for everyone. :)

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina | 54 comments I will have Sundays off starting on Sept 19th!

message 3: by Alisha (new)

Yeah!!!! That's awesome news!!!!

message 4: by Alisha (new)

I only got to page 56 last night but I just want to love and hug this Tully girl. Even though my Mom was a pill popper and not a pot head, I can totally relate to her feeling lonely and hoping that her Mom cares enough to ask how school is going. I didn't have to pretend that my Mom had cancer - my mom created the illusion of illness all on your own. These fucked up women should not be allowed to keep their children.

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Turpin | 43 comments So I haven't started either book yet. Been swamped!!!! I am picking up Firefly Lane tonight at Library.

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Turpin | 43 comments I responded no to the book club meeting Sunday. I wil be there. It won't let me see it again now that I responded no. No need to change it. Shane will stay at his moms and watch football while I go enjoy Ladies Day! Woo Hoo. I might not be done with books, but thats ok. I am looking forward to it.

message 7: by Alisha (new)

Susie wrote: "So I haven't started either book yet. Been swamped!!!! I am picking up Firefly Lane tonight at Library."
Haha, I liked Firefly Lane and even though it's a big book, I got through it quickly. If I had to choose, I would read Mockingjay though, that way we don't spoil it for you. I don't think we can really spoil Firefly Lane. Good luck woman, I'm so glad you're able to come! See you sunday!