Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
The two books for October are
Someone Knows My Name
and
Shutter Island

If the book you didn't get picked I highly recommend using the Buddy Reads folder and see if some of the others that voted for it might like to do a buddy read with the book.

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli Shutter Island... that's one I want to read... loved the movie!!

message 3: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments Oh that movie has been sitting around for me to watch. What do I know now? Read or watch first?

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (biba25) | 29 comments Read first! I loved this book! I'm a little afraid to see the movie and then be disappointed..

message 5: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments It must be a popular story. When I looked it up in my local library's catalogue, I found there is a graphic novel adaptation. See... Shutter Island

message 6: by Regine (new)

Regine Watch the movie first. That way, you'll be even more impressed by the book, instead of just being dissapointed by the movie.

message 7: by Christine (last edited Aug 18, 2010 06:46AM) (new)

Christine | 1311 comments I haven't seen/read Shutter Island but the consensus among my friends is the book is WAY better than the movie. Excited to see its the October read.. on my list for a while now :)

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee (reneebergeron) Just picked up Someone Knows My Name. Only a little into it, but compelling already.

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) Renee wrote: "Just picked up Someone Knows My Name. Only a little into it, but compelling already."

I got my copy yesterday, but am holding back, or at least trying to!