Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > Broadway Musicals

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caity (new)

Caity (adivineeternity) Music from them WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE.

GAH!!! It started with "I Can Hear the Bells" from Hairspray. Since then I have had songs from Wicked, Rent, Phantom of the Opera, Jekyll and Hyde, Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, The Little Mermaid, Next to Normal, and several others going through my head.

I'm turning into an infinite loop of completely unrelated songs.

HELP!!!

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 3204 comments I get songs from the 80s stuck in my head. All the time! I don't know where they come from, other than my childhood.

I sort of know what you're going throug...LOL

message 3: by Weenie (new)

Weenie Generally, if I get a song in my head, it's the last song on the radio/CD player that I was listening to in my car...so I need to make sure it's a good one and not an annoying one!

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 3204 comments I get that as well, Weenie. Those songs will go away, though, and a song from the 80s will take it's place. LOL

message 5: by Caity (new)

Caity (adivineeternity) Yeah... It'd be fantastic and fine if I had heard some of these songs within the last year or so. I'm pretty sure I had had songs going through my head that I haven't properly heard in about ten years.

Like La Bamba. WHY WAS THAT IN MY HEAD FOR TWO HOURS?! I haven't heard that song in 12 years, and that was just because I was trying to play it on piano. REALLY?!

Or more than once so maybe I would know the lyrics and not just "But I'm the BLAH BLAH LALALALA And you know LALALA" going through my head to the proper tune.

message 6: by Weenie (new)

Weenie Jason wrote:"a song from the 80s will take it's place. LOL "

Are you talking cool 80s, eg Human League, Yazoo, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears?

Or uncool, eg Rick Astley, Sonia and Bros?

Some new songs to go round your head there maybe, lol!

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 3204 comments Yes...any music coming from that decade.

message 8: by Caity (new)

Caity (adivineeternity) In case anybody was wondering, I STILL have a seemingly endless stream of music going through my head.

It's like having a radio station that repeats the same song over and over for hours at a time, then suddenly changes to something COMPLETELY different and never bothers to take breaks.

message 9: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments Marianne wrote: "Anyone see the happy princess commercial now running. That silly tune has been buzzing in my head."

No, thank goodness.

message 10: by Robert (new)

Robert Wright (rhwright) | 130 comments One horrible holiday season (when I still toiled in the retail trenches) I had the Green Acres theme stuck in my head. All. Day. Long.

message 11: by Konnie (new)

Konnie (Kontexts) | 32 comments Robert wrote: "One horrible holiday season (when I still toiled in the retail trenches) I had the Green Acres theme stuck in my head. All. Day. Long."

Hey - it's the place to be!