Jane Austen discussion

Book: Mansfield Park > Other Characters

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee (new)

valee In here we can talk about other secondary characters we loved about this book.

message 2: by valee (new)

valee It's official, I can't stand Miss Crawford. Seriously, she's so annoying! I just wanna put a hand or something in her mouth so she shuts up!

message 3: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

Sophie | 2624 comments Mod
Couldn't stand her either - from seeing her in adaption anyway. : l

message 4: by Nicole D. (last edited Apr 13, 2012 04:11PM) (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 158 comments I can't stand Henry Crawford.Playing with people's feelings is wrong and evil.

message 5: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

i know...

message 6: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

Yes!! The hate will grow I assure you!

message 7: by Nicole D. (last edited May 28, 2012 11:04PM) (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 158 comments Also Mrs.Norris is the a biggest witch.I feel bad for anyone who has to be in the same room with her.

message 8: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

Yes!!

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie-jo) | 111 comments I don't like either of the aunts. Mrs. Norris seems like she has a stick up her hiney and that she expects everyone to wait on her. Mrs. Bertram just seems to have her head in the sand when it comes to her children and the way they treat Fanny. I think your right Steph, most of the other female characters in Jane's other books have been more outspoken and had someone to turn to, where Fanny doesn't. Even Edmund is starting to get on my nerves.

message 10: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

What did we think of Aunt Norris and also Lady Bertram?

message 11: by Marren (new)

Marren | 764 comments I like William. He sounded so sweet and adorable, like I was his big sister, doting on him, hehe. Lady Betram need to get a life and put that dog down. She cannot do anything for herself, geeeezz. Do not get me started about aunt Norris! That woman is selfish and likes living off others. She treated Fanny like she was a alien and she was the one who suggested that they take her in. She just wanted to show she cared, when she did. The only person she favoured was Maria. Apart form William and Fanny, I do not think I fancied anyone else in this book. The Grants sounded nice but I just did not warm up to them.

message 12: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

I loved William as well! He was so sweet. I also liked her other sister Susan who went to live in place of Fanny at the end. I agree about Lady Bertram - she doesn't do anything!! And Mrs N is such a pain! Honestly, leave Fanny alone!!!!!!! I am glad she got what she deserved with her favourite Maria and having to live with her!

message 13: by Marren (new)

Marren | 764 comments Tell me about it!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Louise Smith (sarahlouisesmith) Mrs Norris is so irritating... she had a satisfying ending, I think, going to live with Maria!

message 15: by Sophie, Your Lovely Moderator (new)

Completely agree!!