Team Edward discussion

TWILIGHT ROCKZ?!?!?!?!!?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 8 comments i love twilight

message 2: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) SAME HERE! WHOOP WHOOP! TEAM EDWARD 4EVA!

message 3: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire OMJ MEE TWO!! EYE TOTEALLY LURRRVEEEEE HIM!!1!!!one!!! <333333

message 4: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika me too. LOVE Twilight AND TEAM EDWARD. And i can see some people are spoiling our group by just saying whatever garbage that comes to there mind like it sucks and all but I want to tell them its they who sucks not twilight.........

message 5: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) what twilight sucks and we ROCK! Thank you! :P

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 8 comments if u think it sucks then why u here

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments BECAUSE WE ARE TRYING TO MAKE YOU SEE SENSE BUT YOUR ALL TO DITZY!

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments Oh and Swiftfire was being sarcastic

message 9: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire Or was I...?

Wait. No, of course I was. o_o

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments You had better, or else you've been brainwashed

message 11: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 366 comments Shwetika wrote: "me too. LOVE Twilight AND TEAM EDWARD. And i can see some people are spoiling our group by just saying whatever garbage that comes to there mind like it sucks and all but I want to tell them its th..."

It's O.K Shewetika. *Speaks in a very warmly* You'll grow out of Twilight in time. It's just that some people grow out of it quickly and some people don't. People that never grow out if it.... Well they either have a REALLY bad taste or are an idiot.

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments Shwetika wrote: "me too. LOVE Twilight AND TEAM EDWARD. And i can see some people are spoiling our group by just saying whatever garbage that comes to there mind like it sucks and all but I want to tell them its th..."

right on!!!!!!! I agree

message 13: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika Lizzy wrote: "SWIFTFIRE.

COME TO ATTENTION, WOMAN!
XD just kidding we know you were being sarcastic.

Don't worry. In about ten years you'll look back and say "Wow, I LIKED that crappy THING?!" btu we're just trying to speed up the process.

..."

oh!then Please let us take our time. It will be so kind of you to give us some time to grow up..... whatever......

message 14: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Why don't u 'twilight haters' jus leave us alone and let us like what we wanna. Thanks but we don't want ur help growing up...

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments They were so smart, we could have saved years of our lives if we had listened to them.

message 16: by Alice (new)

Alice  (Alzie) | 50 comments Omg what the hell are wrong with the twilight haters,they have nooo taste watsoeva! leaving us alone is the least they can do!Why do they have to be suck crackheads about it!go away twi haters!!!i love twi and i am proud of it!!i am sooo team edward and HATE jacob!!!!!

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments Oh joy! Another Twitard!

message 18: by Alice (new)

Alice  (Alzie) | 50 comments Fuck off

message 19: by Skittles (new)

Skittles (lola131313) | 45 comments Stop calling us mean names!

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments Its not my fault you love a abusive sexist vampire.

message 21: by Alice (new)

Alice  (Alzie) | 50 comments he is not abusive he takes careful steps to insure bella is not harmed in any way!he is also not sexist give me evidence to support that and maybe i wont swear at u again!

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments 1. They think she can't do anything by herself.
2. A person is perfectly capable to make descisions by herself.

message 23: by Skittles (new)

Skittles (lola131313) | 45 comments Oh please stop fighting! This is stupid! Let's not worry about other's opinions! just our own!

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments I've fought since the day I was born, I'm not going to stop because someone told me too, a stranger no-less.

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments *Is clapping madly*

message 26: by Skittles (new)

Skittles (lola131313) | 45 comments her's a reason1 It keeps you on the edge of your seat~ Some parts are surprisingly funny~Some of the action parts keep my heart racing~ how do yuo know so much about twilight, did u even read the books?

Diabolical Daemonic   (DemonicAngel) | 525 comments Twilight tells the story of how Bella Swan, a seventeen-year-old girl, who falls in love with Edward Cullen, a one hundred and seven-year-old vampire.

Thats about it.

After the initial attempt at a plot ("I can't love you! I'll eat you!" "No, I love you more" "No I love you more!") until Meyer remebers that somethingactually has to happen in the novel.

Twilight has been called everything from "the next Harry Potter" to "a scrap of tissue paper I wouldn't blow my nose in". Obviously when something gains overnight popularity there's going to be some kickback, but Twilight is earning so much hatred that even Britney Spears fans are wincing.

(And I had best not hear Britney bashing in the comments, ladies)

Because I think it's very unfair to bash a book without reading it first, I sat down with a cup of hot cocoa and a knit blanket over the winter break to read. A decent amount of alcohol later (trust me when I say it was necessary), I put it down, found myself lighter, and set the thing on fire. Looking past the atrocious writing, the characters are flat and oversimplified, the dialogue is painful, and the idolized relationships in the book are borderline terrifying.

Dear readers, you're an intelligent bunch. So I'm going to state the truth to you. It might hurt some of you, but you need to hear it.

Twilight is the worst book ever written. EVER.

Why? Well, there are quite literally millions of reasons, but here's one of them. Edward, Bella's true love, has become the symbol of the perfect man for millions of young girls across the world.

Which is great, right? Young girls having an ideal of perfection to aspire to with their own Mr. Right?

Only not. Because once again you've looked past the sparkling-did I mention the sparkling? The vampire's sparkle.-and get into the actual "substance" of the book, you find out the relationship between Edward and Bella is so far over the board of abusive its not even funny.

I'm not against love in any manner of speaking, so long as it's all adult and consensual-like. But let's be serious for a moment here, reders. If you heard about a guy whocut the brakes on his girlfriend's car so that she couldn't go hang out with her friend, what would you think? That's not love, kids, that's stalking, and between you and me, that's pretty messed up.

Now, it's only fair to get two sides to every story, so I went out and did a little research on both sides of the spectrum. I even tried to stay away from the usual fourteen-year-old fangirls so that I could get a somewhat intelligant opinion. One college freshman, when asked why she was asked why she was a fan of Twilight, said, "I love the relationship between Edward and Bella. You know, if you look past the abuse. He's the perfect guy."

Skeptically, I ventured, "Can we get back to the 'abusive' part?"

Of course, generally Twilight fans don't like to get into that part at all, as it ruins their image of Edward as, you guessed it, the "perfect guy". Unfortunately, when you consider the number of girls looking for guys like Edward, that's kinda terrifying. It certainly scares me.

Despite the overwhelming support of Twilight among the fans, it took two clicks on google to find hundreds of anti-Twilight testimonials. Reasons given on the LiveJournal community ontd_twalight included "s***t-poor writing" and "worst possible example of how to live your life". Another usre said, "I hate how the series, written by an untalented hack, has made thousands of females into mindless retards entranced by badly written, badly concieved s***t. I hate hearing how girls talk about it like it's a memorable piece of literature." The anti-Twilight Movement summed up their entire argument by stating: "It's unoriginal, amateur, openly abusive, and horribly, horribly written."

But back to my original arguement-namely, that Twilight is the worst book ever. For just a moment, let's look beyond the bad writing and the abusive relationships and the atrocious characters. The real reason?

Twilight is the High School Musical of novels.

Stop, come back, I'm not dissing High School Musical. I'm not saying it's bad because it's like HSM. But think back. Remember back when that shit came out, and Disney was plastering Zac Efron's face onto anything it could possibly be plastered on? It's like that, but with Hot Topic. Twilight is everywhere. Everywhere. You can't escape it.

Only instead of advertising a feel-good (If musically...interesting)movie, it's advertising a book inspiring millions of young girls to give up their hopes in dreams to fall in love with an abusive man and let him control every life decision they make, from college to pregnancy. For those of you who have sisters, daughters, any female relatives at all- that's terrifying. I've never been one to advocate banning books in any sense, but I'd certainly think twice before letting my child read something like this.

Now, there's the arguement that people read the book because it's a simple work that doesn't require any thought to read. Alright, fine, I can respect that. But there's a difference, ladies, between reading something for fun and modeling your life after it, and that's where Twilight get's worrying-girls aren't reading it, they're letting it brainwash them. For God's sake, someone asked Robert Pattinson to bite her. Girl's, I can't make this up.

So, in conclusion: Twilight is the worst book ever written.

I mean, seriously. They sparkle.

Seriously.

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments Kayla wrote: "her's a reason1 It keeps you on the edge of your seat~ Some parts are surprisingly funny~Some of the action parts keep my heart racing~ how do yuo know so much about twilight, did u even read the b..."

yes! I agree with you :) I was always on the verge of tears throughout the book (and yes I know what your gonna say twilight haters........... But I am a hopless romantic and proud of it)

I like books that make me emotional.

message 29: by Alice (new)

Alice  (Alzie) | 50 comments omg lizzy is that what you spend your time doing i was born to fight retards like you!i love twight and i hate YOU and all twilight haters
p.s-edward and bella are not in an abusive realtionship they go out of the way to not hurt eachother in ANY way at all,AND as you have before pointed out he is NOT sexist though you think so he never said "but you're only a girl!" believe me i know EVERY line of the book and movie!he also said on page 110 of breaking dawn,it doesnt matter if it is a girl or boy we will still get rid of it!see and im a feminist i know what i am talking about

message 30: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika Alzie wrote: "Omg what the hell are wrong with the twilight haters,they have nooo taste watsoeva! leaving us alone is the least they can do!Why do they have to be suck crackheads about it!go away twi haters!!!i ..."

so do me lol. So do me.

message 31: by Shwetika (last edited Aug 26, 2010 09:36AM) (new)

Shwetika Twilight is such a romantic novel... And i love it and IT makes me emotional .

message 32: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire Soph wrote: "yes! I agree with you :) I was always on the verge of tears throughout the book (and yes I know what your gonna say twilight haters........... But I am a hopless romantic and proud of it)

I like books that make me emotional."

So do I, and I usually like romance books, too. :D But please, PLEASE believe me when I say that if you're looking for an emotional, romantic novel, do not pick up Twilight. There are plenty of other good love stories out there that do not contain unrealistic sappy conversations, abusive and sexist relationships, and horrid characters. Just look for one, read it, and who knows? After reading a great love story, you may finally realize how stupid Twilight is. Just a suggestion, take it or leave it. :D

Soph - Lock&Key | 211 comments Shwetika wrote: "Twilight is such a romantic novel... And i love it and IT makes me emotional ."

same here even though that doesent happen in real life, I just love how it makes me feel all goshy inside.

message 34: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire Not gonna reply to my post? Okay then. ._.

message 35: by Skittles (new)

Skittles (lola131313) | 45 comments i guess we just have differnt book tastes then u twi haters. were entitled to our opinion and ur entitled 2 urs

message 36: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika To Swiftfire , Please suggest some. I mean I read
The notebook, A walk to remmeber, Lve Story, A kiss in time, The truth about forever and manny more but I still love Twilight and I don't think that any book will change my opnion. I am sure about it I love Twilight now and then.

message 37: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments Amen.

message 38: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika And we stand by ours. i.e. Twilight is awesome.

message 39: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments Twilight is stupid. i.e. is total ****.

message 40: by Shwetika (last edited Aug 27, 2010 11:57PM) (new)

Shwetika GSGS wrote: "Twilight is stupid. i.e. is total ****."

Are you a member of Twilight Saga Freaks also? aren't you the one who was saying I like twilight over there.

message 41: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments Eh?? 0_0

message 42: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika are you a member of "Twilight saga Freaks" Group?

message 43: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments dont think so. im a member of THIS group... well, that was fairly obvious. but anywho.

message 44: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika sorry then. Actually there is a member in that group with same name and photo. thats why...

message 45: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments Eeek. That's weird. The more I think about that... Now I'm freaked out. What if that's a cyber-stalker or something? I gotta a friend, who has facebook, and someone tried to imitate her and make it look like she was saying bad things about her 0_0. If that makes sense.

Or maybe just a coincedence.

message 46: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika Hey just be cool. May be it's just a coincedence.

message 47: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments I hope so... do you reckon I should check on that group?? See if it is exactly the same as me??

message 48: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika Well i think you should check. Well i asked her if she is amember of this group and she said may be. so i think you should check.

message 49: by GSGS (new)

GSGS | 621 comments OK then... so it's Twilight Saga Lovers?? Is that the group??

message 50: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika It's "Twilight Sara Freaks"

« previous 1 3