Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Self-Promotion > Literary Addicted

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Soraia (last edited Aug 16, 2010 08:30PM) (new)

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 27 comments Hey guys, I'm excited and wanted to share. I finally managed to put together the blog with my reviews (paranormal romance and urban fantasy generally), some other information and am slowly putting them on the air. I just opened the blog for public and if you guys have time, please pay me a visit:

http://literaryaddicted.blogspot.com/

Hope yall enjoy it. :)

edit:
If you want to receive an e-mail every time the blog is updated, please send a message to:
literaryaddicted+subscribe@googlegroups.com
(your e-mail address will not be made public.)

After you do that, every e-mail you receive will have the unsubscribe address at the bottom should you need it.

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) Soraia, I'm a fellow blogger and your off to a good start. I'm now a follower and look forward to see what else you do with your blog.

message 3: by Soraia (new)

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 27 comments Thank you Danielle! I'm glad you liked it and I hope I can hold your interest.

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina Polli | 7 comments Hi, Soraia

I`m already following! Love your reviews!

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 107 comments im following! ^_^

message 6: by Soraia (new)

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 27 comments Yeay! :)

message 7: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 32 comments I am following. Thanks!

message 8: by Soraia (new)

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 27 comments Thanks everyone for the support!

I have a question: do you guys mind that little gadget showing who's following? I know there's a way of hiding it, leaving only the icon to follow.

Do you prefer that or it makes no difference?

message 9: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) It makes no difference to me.

message 10: by Joanne (last edited Aug 16, 2010 05:45PM) (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 32 comments It makes no difference to me at all.

I have a question...Since I am following you, my first with this technology, do I get an email when your site gets updated? I follow Amberkatze's blog and get an email from her.

I like being informed via email that there is something to go and see.

Thanks

message 11: by Soraia (new)

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 27 comments Joanne wrote: "It makes no difference to me at all.

I have a question...Since I am following you, my first with this technology, do I get an email when your site gets updated? I follow Amberkatze's blog and ..."

Joanne, I don't know if the blogger sends you an e-mail. There is an option about notifications but I haven't received a single one yet (if I do I'll tell you about it).

What I know is that you can use your blogger page (after you log in), the panel of your account, there's a new box called Reading List, in this box you'll see all new posts from all the blogs you follow.

Personally I think the option of receiving an email for all updates is great. I'll see what I can do.

message 12: by Soraia (last edited Aug 16, 2010 08:42PM) (new)

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 27 comments Joanne, I found a solution for your question, though not through "follow".

If you want to receive an e-mail every time the blog is updated, please send a message to:
literaryaddicted+subscribe@googlegroups.com
(your e-mail address will not be made public.)

There you go, anyone else who'd like to receive an email as well, all you have to do is send a blank message to the address above. After you do that, every e-mail you receive will have the unsubscribe address at the bottom should you need it.

It's a simple message only informing there's an update at the blog.

message 13: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 32 comments I just sent the e-mail with notify in the subject. My fingers are crosseed that it works.

Thank you for figuring this out for me.

message 14: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 182 comments it's great! - keep reading : )

message 15: by Soraia (new)

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 27 comments You're welcome Joanne, it's a great idea, I'm glad I could find a way to do it.

Thanks Irene.

message 16: by Soraia (new)

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 27 comments Joanne and anyone else who might have subscribed, is the email working?

message 17: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (needsun) | 32 comments The email is working perfectly. Your site is great and it seems like we have very similiar taste in books. I can tell that your recommendations are going to come in very handy.
Thanks again