Outhouse of Uncool discussion

I am not cool

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris | 5 comments I'd seen updates on ShellBell's page from this group and knew I'd finally found a home.

I am wicked uncool. My goal in life is to start another Blood Bowl league, seriously, but I am so fricking uncool I don't have any friends to resume my old league with, also seriously. I think that makes me uncool enough.

Should I actually display some sort of coolness, please reprimand me as you see fit.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Your goggles are very uncool.

Jackie "the Librarian" I'm so uncool I have no idea what Blood Bowl is.

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris | 5 comments I think the problem is that you are too cool to know what Blood Bowl is. Not that I want to get into a 'uncooler than thou' contest.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah, I said the same thing--goggles: so uncool.

Chris, you don't know who you're dealing with--Jackie collects postcards and even sends them to herself when she's on vacation. Deadly uncool (and I say that will all respect). My snow globe collection pales in comparison.

Okay, what's a Blood Bowl. Is that like celebrity death match?

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) And Clack collects disgusting old pieces of gum.

Jackie "the Librarian" Clack, you must just chew gumballs? I would think ordinary sticks of gum would trigger your phobia.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) OOOH! Square food!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Jackie--I was actually thinking about this last night--how did Clack get all that gum to hold together? I mean, is it even possible? I feel like I need to do an experiment. I know it's sticky and all, but still...

Square food?

message 10: by Clackamas (new)

Clackamas Wow. I was a bit behind the times and catching up in here.

Chris: You never explained what a Blood Bowl is.

Jackie: Gumballs and chewing gum. Chewing gum can be made quite pliable and formed into all kinds of shapes if you keep the pack in your pocket and it gets all warm.

ShellBell: For real. It sticks. The trick is to pull it thin when you're done so that you can wrap it around as much of the existing gumball as possible. That way when it dries out and gets all hard, the curvature still holds it on. Also, if you are a regular chewer of gum, as I was, you have several layers on it before any of them dry out anyway. The gross part is when you put it on too soon, while the gum still has flavor. The sugar oozes to the top and leaves a gross syrupy mess at the base of the ball.

I'm uncool enough to have explained all of that.

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris | 5 comments Clack: Blood Bowl is something like a cross between fantasy football, an RPG, and a board game. It's primarily a board game, but you start a campaign, and can get individual player enhancements, so I guess it has RPG elements to it. A lot of dice-rolling, a bunch of statistic keeping, and complete dorkiness. It's made by the some chumps that produce the Warhammer games.

The fact I actually convinced around 16 people to play this in the course of 5 seasons (which took about 8 human years) proves that the Uncool have landed, and aren't leaving any time soon.

message 12: by Clackamas (new)

Clackamas That actually sounds fun. I am not into fantasy football because I don't follow the sport, but understand how it's done. I am very into board games (I have 300+). I haven't played a lot of RPG lately (my group's DM has been in prison) but expect to be back into it soon (he gets out next Friday). All three elements together sounds like good times.

message 13: by Chris (new)

Chris | 5 comments The fantasy football element is the flimsiest, so you're probably safe. Hell, from what I know about fantasy football, that was a pretty bad analogy. Suffice to say, the game itself is played with a football and has endzones and touchdowns.

Throwing the ball, running the ball, or even attempting to 'score' for that matter is strictly optional; you can always just try to eliminate your opponents entire roster, at which point you win (although if you can decimate their forces enough to prevent them from fielding a formidable defense, you can consider that 'scoring').

Unfortunately, Games Workshop decided to do an expansion with wizards, and canons, and all sorts of other stupid crap (bribing refs, hiring assassins, etc) that just lingered on the sidelines jacking around with the on-field antics, and the game pretty much stunk after that, so I guess you could say I was a 'purist'. They also arranged it to try replicating the idea of a continuous drive (getting first downs) whereas originally, it was more like a battle royale and occasionally some slippery sucker would emerge from the scrum with the ball and haul ass to the endzone.

Damn that game was badass.......

message 14: by Autumn (new)

Autumn Doughton | 8 comments I don't even know what RPG is--that must be really bad

message 15: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) I gotta get me some 20 sided dice again. I need them to develop my plot.