Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Let's discuss Mortal Istruments book 3

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Ok so I have finished book 3! OMG what an awesome series. I just have a few questions. Maybe some of you caught something I didn't.
First, how on earth did Valentine pass himself off as Wayland after the Uprising? I mean wouldn't people recognize him?
Also, what about Simon? In the end Clary marks him with the Mark of Cain...and didn't the Vampires tell him he would be banned from the earth forever? I guess I got lost on that part. I thought having the mark protected him from someone killing him, but he would have to be alone forever?
Ok that's it. What an awesome series!!! loved it!!!

message 2: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments Oh so did I! I cant wait for the next book. This is definitely a YA series which would be wasted if only read by the young!

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 53 comments Hey i loved the series maybe i can help with the questions, its kinda mentioned/implyed that Valentine passed himself off as wayland because he would not leave his home for a couple of years, until he faked his murder. Remember when they question alec's mom she says that she didnt know that valentine was passing himself as wayland because he kinda lost it and never left his home with his child. I think the mark of cane ment that he would be cursed to roam the earth forever. And since he was cursed no one wanted to risk killing him because no one wanted to risk the curse getting them. Since simon was going to roam the earth anyways since he's a vampire guess not that much would change, roam the earth because he would not be allowed into heaven well he's undead so guess thats why he realy didnt hesitate in getting mark ;)
hope that kinda helps

message 4: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (4siegel) | 69 comments Ok now that makes sense. Thanks!!!!

message 5: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Boring (thebookishsnob) I'm just about to start book 3 and so I'm excited. It's been a while since I've read the series so it's like reading it with fresh eyes.

message 6: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments this is like one of the best young adult books ever. i loved it. i cant believe after city of fallen angels there will be 2 more books. this makes me sooooo happy.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I agree. MI has a great mix of action/story/romance.