Horror Aficionados discussion

The Tomb of Terminated Threads > Any odd things happened in your house lately?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 189 (189 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Larry (new)

Larry (hal9000i) A while ago my other half was doing her hair and saw someone walk behind her in the mirror, a blonde girl wearing jeans. No-one there. She moved the mirror out of the kitchen after that. Then more recently, while I was at work and the kids were in bed she heard our sons name, Matthew being called by a young girl from the other side of the living room door. She went to check but there was no-one there and the child gate, which our daughter Katie can't open, was still shut. A little disturbing! And its seems its only occuring for her, but years ago I lived on my own in an appartment and had some crazy stuff happening-the kettle unplugged ityself with a bang and my bed clothes rearanged themselves while I was out!
Any such scary stories to tell?

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (bibliocrates) | 426 comments Weird! I don't think anything similar has happened to me, although I have seen some things in my peripheral vision, which I've chalked up to hallucinations.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott The power went off for a few hours last night, and now I just can't seem to get my freezer cold enough.

message 4: by Aloha (last edited Aug 15, 2010 10:39AM) (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments I didn't have any ghostly happenings, but my mom had ghostly happenings happen to her in Vietnam.

I have weird synchronicities. My major relationships, or people who have strongly influenced my life, all have their names begin with the letter "M." Some even have first name and last name begin with the letter "M." And I kept on having relationships with men named Mark, whose close friends are named Mark. I also kept on having weird synchronicities with some of them individually, like SS#, birthdays, ethnic background, zodiac signs, and names of siblings.

My divorced friend has the same synchronicity event, except all the males were Scotts. My divorced friend recently got a divorce from a Scott, and most of her past boyfriends' name were Scott. She recently joined an online dating site for people in the area. She hit it off with a guy who did not post his real name. When they made arrangements for a date, she found out his name was Scott.

I told her I'll trade a Mark for a Scott to mix it up a little.

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott Where does she live?

message 6: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 2035 comments I have had weird and scary things happen to me over the years. I mostly do not talk about it because I know no one would understand or believe me.

A girl at work has had some encounters with a demon. Her ex-husband's brother lit himself on fire and then her husband seemed to be possess by him (and it was not nice).

message 7: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments I'm rooming with her right now until I settle in. PA is not too far away from us. She's in NC right now to visit her sister and will be passing by PA on her drive up in a week.

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott Jenn, you should see the Korean film Addicted.

message 9: by jb (last edited Aug 15, 2010 11:11AM) (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 2035 comments Ok....I will check it out.

I just looked it up...sounds like it could be interesting.

message 10: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments That does look good.

message 11: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments Can't find Addicted at the local Blockbuster. I'll have the rental sent. Scott, what do you think is the scariest Kyoshi Kurosawa film?

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott Retribution

message 13: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments Thanks.

message 14: by Larry (new)

Larry (hal9000i) Is this Addicted one of those Tartan Asian jobbies ? My partner works at Blockbuster-she didn't recognise it.

message 15: by Scott (new)

Scott No, it's not a Tartan release.

It was remade as Possession with Sarah Michelle Gellar, which was okay but not quite as good.

message 16: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments http://www.blockbuster.com/mobile/cat...

Here's the link to it. It's in my rental queue.

message 17: by Scott (new)

Scott Enjoy!

message 18: by Amanda (new)

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) I was washing my hair once when I felt someone staring at me. the house was empty I knew it was and yet there it was. I turned to look and saw what looked like a wedding dress out of the corner of my eye and what looked like a hand. When I'd turned there was nothing but I finished watching my hair quickly after that!

message 19: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jez476) Aloha wrote: "I didn't have any ghostly happenings, but my mom had ghostly happenings happen to her in Vietnam.

I have weird synchronicities. My major relationships, or people who have strongly influenced my..."

My best friend and I have the same sort of thing running through our lives. She has issues with men with the J names. I have it with men with M names. We both have that with Aries and Geminis.

message 20: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jez476) I've got tons of ghost stories, mostly having to do with my mother and grandmother.

I also had a weird thing with certain book covers a year or two ago. I noticed there are a lot of book covers with men in shadows or their back is turned, wearing bowler or top hats like The Somnambulist by Jonathan Barnes The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox Drood by Dan Simmons . And now I notice them everywhere. It was driving me crazy for the longest time!

message 21: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments I get that, too, where when something comes to my notice, I see it everywhere. My daughter's Chinese tutor said that the #4 is unlucky in China. In the way it's written in character format, it's very similar to the word "death." Everything started coming up #4, including 8/4, when my sister called me with her breast cancer news. Now, #8 is the luckiest number in China. That's why the Beijing Olympics started on 8/8/08. I'm hoping that the #8 will balance out the #4 when it came to my sister's bad news.

message 22: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jez476) I see 4s everywhere. For me it's my lucky number. My birthday is April 4th. I'm throwing my good luck in 4s at you and your sister. It should dissipate the bad luck.

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) Aloha wrote: "I get that, too, where when something comes to my notice, I see it everywhere. My daughter's Chinese tutor said that the #4 is unlucky in China. In the way it's written in character format, it's ..."

Oddly enough that's my lucky number.

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) I'm the third Amanda my fiance ever dated and the only one who wasn't a loon.

message 25: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments More things with synchronicities. Here's a comparison between the two relationships I've had (1 very long term, and 1 short before that).

The two men were:
Mark (most recent), Marc
Polish American
Same age (3 mos. apart, one in April, one in March)
have a brother name David

The last 4 digits of SS# of myself and Mark are the same, but the two first numbers are switched.

Mark's last girlfriend was Vietnamese with an American stepfather, same as me. She's two years younger than me but her birth certificate was forged to be the same age as mine for immigration purposes.

Mark is a Taurus, and his brother is a Scorpio.
One of my sister is a Taurus, the other sister is a Scorpio.
Mark and I had the same books when we met.

The men I've known lately have their birthdays b/w April-May.

My previous addresses #s:
I was going to move to be near my sister in SC. Her address started with 20.
My previous addresses #s in order of most current: 281, 200, and 275

message 26: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments So you think you're not a loon. :o) #13 and #17 are my lucky numbers. My birthday is 8/17. I'm a Leo.

Amanda wrote: "I'm the third Amanda my fiance ever dated and the only one who wasn't a loon."

message 27: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments China is on the reverse side of the U.S., so hopefully that means the #4 is lucky in the U.S.

message 28: by Aloha (last edited Aug 15, 2010 06:44PM) (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments Oh, wait, the birthdays are May and March, not April and March. March 31 and May 6, that's not 3 mos., either.

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) Aloha wrote: "So you think you're not a loon. :o) #13 and #17 are my lucky numbers. My birthday is 8/17. I'm a Leo.

Amanda wrote: "I'm the third Amanda my fiance ever dated and the only one who wasn't a lo..."

Nope he's told me so. lol

message 30: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 3233 comments I always see things moving in the corner of my eye when I'm at work. I always think that someones walking just in my peripheral, but when I turn around, nothing there.

The only strange thing that happens at my home is my wireless Internet acting up. If it does it much more, it's gonna become a ghost!

message 31: by Larry (new)

Larry (hal9000i) We kinda drifted into the realms of astrology here-next you'll be doing tarot readings and dragging the crystal ball out ;)
I remember years ago when I was a kid we all went into town, and I remember a tightly wound ball of string sat on the windowsill. When we came home it was all unravelled on the floor. I was also told that our next door neighbour at the time had had an exorcist in their house!

message 32: by Aloha (last edited Aug 16, 2010 03:21AM) (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments Sorry, Larry. Talking about the paranormal brings out all sorts of things. I'm one of those that doesn't follow rules. That's why I don't belong to any churches or religion. I break all of their rules. I can't even call myself an atheist, because I'm not. With all of these weird synchronicities happening in my life, I should have a tarot reading done. But I don't really believe in them enough. But I don't disbelieve them, too. I just think that I need to find a true tarot reader, and not scam artists. See, no clear belief for me again. I'm going to start a new topic on Synchronicities and move some of my posts on there to start it off. I truly believe in it because synchronicity picked me, not me picking synchronicity.

message 33: by Larry (new)

Larry (hal9000i) Synchronicity-all I know about it is an album by The Police ;)

message 34: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments It's like ghostly happenings, until it happens to you, you don't believe it.

message 35: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 531 comments Aloha wrote: "Can't find Addicted at the local Blockbuster. I'll have the rental sent. Scott, what do you think is the scariest Kyoshi Kurosawa film?"

personally i think Cure is his scariest. a great film! so is Pulse.

but then there isn't a kk film that i haven't found some value in.

message 36: by Scott (new)

Scott Pulse is pretty scary. I didn't really understand Cure.

message 37: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments A Mark and a Scott. You guys up for a doubledate?

message 38: by Scott (new)

Scott Sorry, I'm not into guys named Mark.

message 39: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments You need to widen your horizon, Scott. Mark needs to read that Kate Douglas Wolf book. You two can read it together.

message 40: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 531 comments Aloha wrote: "You need to widen your horizon, Scott. Mark needs to read that Kate Douglas Wolf book. You two can read it together."

well now i have to read a Kate Douglas Wolf book, and i will do my best to imagine scott as the sexiest werewolf character. it may be a stretch but i can do it. and not to worry scott, i will report back my findings, including my new & enhanced feelings towards you.

perhaps i should do this with the entire cast; i'll populate the entire reading by keeping HA folks in mind when envisioning each character....an intriguing exercise in projection! or not.

message 41: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments It's not much of a stretch for Scott to be a werewolf. White furry cat, furry werewolf. He can be the exotic white werewolf. What am I going to be, huh?

message 42: by mark (new)

mark monday (majestic-plural) | 531 comments hmm, right now i have you cast as whichever character has tattoos and goes barefoot. an alluring were-girl perhaps!

message 43: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments GROWL!!! :oD

message 44: by Larry (new)

Larry (hal9000i) I'll be a Tiger!

message 45: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments Werewolves and tigers and white kitty, oh my!

AH-ROOOOOOO

message 46: by Scott (new)

Scott Gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein!

message 47: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments I thought you're vegetarian, Scott.

Chow time! I'm going for fish.

message 48: by Lori (last edited Aug 23, 2010 11:29AM) (new)

Lori (barfield) | 1692 comments I've lived in 3 haunted houses. I've had all kinds of shit happen to me, and around me. This is something that happened to my other half. In the last house we lived in it used to belong to my grandmother. It had a ghost in it when i was a little girl. My grandfather died there. She was moved to my aunt & uncles home right before she died. I was living in the house across the street and the man who bought it rented it to us, but we got the deposit free because it needed to be painted. That's what my other half does, pants. He was over there painting by his self, and it was starting to get dark, my grandmother hadn't passed yet, he was down stairs getting ready to call it quits when the doors up stairs shut. There are 4 doors up there, 2 bedroom, and 2 closet. Then he heard a mans voice call to him and tell him to go home. I told him about the ghost that's always been there, and that my grandfather was still there. He didn't believe me, after that he ran back across the street, shaking, now he believes. Now my grandmother is there. We lived there for 5.5 years. I still miss that home, it was way more then a house. But i got lots of true ghost stories. Maybe i'll write another one tomorrow. That is if anyone is interested.

message 49: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 4052 comments I'd like to hear about them. Scott is still trying to find a rational reason for these stories like your hubby was doing drugs. He thought my mom does drugs. Wait til she hears that. LMAO!

message 50: by Lori (last edited Aug 23, 2010 11:32AM) (new)

Lori (barfield) | 1692 comments No drugs. Only ghost.

Ok i'll tell you another one. This is a true story.

My first husband and i lived at his parents house. (why is a whole other can of worms) There is a ghost there by the name of Mr. Cole. Odd things would happen, like money, books, hair bows, little things just disappearing. Me being me would yell at the ghost and tell him to stop fing taking things. In our room there's 2 closets, and above the doors both have shelves. Now my ex is a mega Tar Heels Blue B-ball fan, were about 30 minutes away from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. On these shelves he has the Pepsi Tar Heel bottles, glasses, and figurines of Ramses the Ram their Mascot. Each one is pretty much loaded down. Well one day his mom and i had a disagreement about something and were exchanging a few words. Not really an argument, just a few words. I was in the closet, i came out & shut the door, took 2 steps and the shelf fell down. It barely missed me. If i had only taken 1 step it would have hit me, that's how close i came to being knocked out. Now the shelves are held by metal brackets screwed into the wall. The brackets were still in the wall, not bent, not broken, no damage to them. It's like someone or something lifted the shelf and just dropped it. Oh and none of his stuff got broken either. Granted it fell on carpet, but it fell from about seven & a half feet. Something should have broke, but nothing did.

I have more stories of that nature. I lived there for a good little while. Not to mention the other 2 haunted houses i lived in. Where i'm at now doesn't have a ghost, or if it does they have kept to themselves.

« previous 1 3 4