What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Translated French Sci-Fi Book [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 6 comments So, I've been so impressed with the amount of mystery book title cases solved here that I told my dad, and he asked me to post a description of a book that he's been looking for. Here's the description he gave me:

I’m looking for the name of a book I read in the late sixties or early seventies that had been translated from French. It was about a polar expedition that was excavating an ancient, advanced civilization far under the ice. They came across a metallic egg shaped container which contained the bodies of two men and a woman who were revived. I think they were royalty in the lost civilization. The rest of the story was about which of these three were the bad guys.

Thank very much for your help; my dad appreciates it too.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
oohhh, when this is located I plan on trying to find it too.

message 3: by Snail in Danger (Sid) (last edited Aug 15, 2010 06:59PM) (new)

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 289 comments The Ice People? (Incidentally, if this is it, I never would have found it so quickly without this page. $deity bless the Internet.)

EDIT: I did a little more Googling and I can confirm that The Ice People (originally La Nuit des temps) has a golden egg with a man and a woman in it.

message 4: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 6 comments Awesome! I think that's it too. The internet is truly amazing. Thank you!