A Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down discussion

Music to drink tea to?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristine (new)

Kristine Mozart Piano Sonatas

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin Germain (demiguise) Tchaikovsky. I've always loved him. Or maybe some of the Bach Brandenburg Concertos.

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 18 comments Now that would entirely depend on my mood and why I'm drinking the tea. If it's to unwind then it'll be spot of Bach or Beethoven but if I'm a bit peeved then it'll be a bit of rock and metal such as AC/DC, Metallica and the like. Otherwise I'll drink to anything or nothing!

message 4: by Ivana (new)

Ivana | 11 comments Drinking my tea slowly, while listening to heavinly beautiful Air on the G String. Bach.....

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin Germain (demiguise) Ivana wrote: "Drinking my tea slowly, while listening to heavinly beautiful Air on the G String. Bach....."

I love that piece!

message 6: by Colette (new)

Colette Ni (ColetteNiReamonnIoannidou) | 2 comments My late husband loved Bach"s Air on a G String and The Brandenburgs bring back a lot of memories for me too. Der Tot Und Das Madchen (very rusty German) is splendid but not to drink tea to. Gracie Fields...we had a film on her life here in Cyprus not long back. She was super in her day. The thing that does it for me, and my 5-year old granddaughter also loves it, is Angela Gheorghiu's Casta Diva. A great voice, so like the unforgettable Callas.

Now ladies, if the question has not been broached before this...what tea do you drink? Are there special blends for special occasions? I have a very old Indian recipe book (1800s) I could look in there and see what they were drinking way back then.
Best and enjoy...as they say in Cyprus, you opened my appetite for a good cup.

Colette Ioannidou author

message 7: by Ivana (new)

Ivana | 11 comments Colette wrote: "My late husband loved Bach"s Air on a G String and The Brandenburgs bring back a lot of memories for me too. Der Tot Und Das Madchen (very rusty German) is splendid but not to drink tea to. Gracie ..."

That indian recipe book sounds interesting!
I do prefer black tea with lemon, but lately I often drink peppermint tea .... Sort of mental healing!

message 8: by Ivana (new)

Ivana | 11 comments Must be connection somehow, 'cause tears are fluids, just like tea! When it comes to ''tears evoking music'', my choice is Elgar Cello Concert , op . 85 ( taken from a live concert , November 1970 performed by fascinating Jacqueline du Pre)...

message 9: by Colette (new)

Colette Ni (ColetteNiReamonnIoannidou) | 2 comments Will check out recipe book this afternoon to see what I can find. In Cyprus when I came, 'English' tea was weak and awful except for the homes of people who had lived in London and got used to a'good cuppa'. I was once offered some...(as long as it had milk it was 'English' back then) evaporated milk in anniseed tea!
There is an amazing variety here of all kinds of herbal teas, peppermint being one of the most popular. The one that tickled me most (when I had gravel in a kidney) was one recommended by an old woman and called 'lithos spastos' literally, breaks stones. As the tough wiry plant grows it makes its way trough the most difficult soil/ground and thus has the ability (I was told) to break down kidney deposits!

My own addition to Indian tea is a stick of cinnemon bark, breaks down fatty deposits and adds a gentle flavour that makes the nose happy and as well as the taste buds. Have a good weekend with lots of good healthy cups of cheer.

Jacqueline du Pre...brilliant artist, gifted. I hate when people like that with so much to share are taken too early. She was a tremendous role model and the cello gave her soul a voice.
Colette

message 10: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 5 comments I listened to the first three Kate Bush albums yesterday evening with a couple of cups of tea - great serenity was achieved.

message 11: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeparnell) | 5 comments Ludovico Einaudi perfect for a nice chilled session of tea and reading (Heaven).