Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > my old neighbour died

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments my mother just sent me a message to tell me their neighbour died in a motorcycle accident. he was a great guy who loved his wife and two kids, his motorcycle, and music. he was my favorite neighbour and i can't believe he is really dead.

i'm home alone working on my master thesis and i had to tell someone, so i'm telling you.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That's terrible. I'm so sorry.

message 3: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7088 comments Janine the cliche here that EVERYone will repeat ad nauseum is "at least he died doing what he loved." Sorry for your loss--where did this accident take place??

message 4: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Cynthia wrote: "Janine the cliche here that EVERYone will repeat ad nauseum is "at least he died doing what he loved." Sorry for your loss--where did this accident take place??"

that is true. and i know there'll be a great memorial ride for him too.

i don't know any details yet, not even when it happened.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sorry, Janine. That can hit you out of nowhere. Sorry.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments I'm so sorry..

message 7: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments thank you everyone. it is just starting to feel real, and i hate that i have to do all these other things, and have to call the fucking water company because they're too stupid to notice i already paid their fucking bill twice. CRYING.

message 8: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7088 comments Poor baby. It will get better, just not right away. Sorry, honey.

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Well, you're paid up ahead on the water, anyway.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry Janine.

message 11: by janine (last edited Aug 19, 2010 02:34PM) (new)

janine | 7715 comments looooong day today, but the funeral was perfect. the service was held at the tiny local church, which didn't nearly have anough room for the literally hundreds of people attending, even though most of us were standing. the music was a mix of psalms and other music he liked (rolling stones - happy, jimi hendrix - little wing, jeff healy - while my guitar gently weeps) and his children played the wind cries mary live. the organ played some cool songs too, before the service. then we went to the grave, the casket was just a plain one, but covered in pictures of him and his family. the reception was very nice too, personal, people talked, and there was good chocolate. i thought i was done crying, but i wasn't, but that's ok.

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) very sad

message 13: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) so sorry Janine. I think it is always more difficult when unexpected and when someone is in their prime. Hopefully you all have good support right now. ::hugs::