Victorians! discussion

Biographies and Non-fiction > Good Books About Victoria?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silver (new)

Silver I have recently watched the movie Young Victoria, and though I have mixed feelings about the movie itself, it did peek my interest more upon the subject.

Though I am fairly well familiar with the Victorian Age, I do not really know all that much about Victoria herself and I am interested in any books which may have been written about her.

I would be particularly interested in any novels which may have been written about her, if indeed there are any.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Queen Victoria: A Personal History by Christopher Hibbert

We Two: Victoria and Albert: Rulers, Partners, Rivals by Gillian Gill

Twilight of Splendor: The Court of Queen Victoria During Her Diamond Jubilee Year by Greg King

Fiction:

Victoria Victorious: The Story of Queen Victoria by Jean Plaidy

message 3: by Silver (new)

Silver Thank you for the recomendations

message 4: by Malcolm (last edited Dec 09, 2010 07:05AM) (new)

Malcolm Esquire (MalcolmEsq) | 344 comments Evangeline wrote: "Queen Victoria: A Personal History by Christopher Hibbert

We Two: Victoria and Albert: Rulers, Partners, Rivals by Gillian Gill

Twilight of Splendor: The Court of Queen Victoria During Her Diamo..."

Anything by Jean Plaidy is recommended highly if you enjoy a well written, well researched read.

Christopher Hibbert comes recommended highly for various reasons.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) There is a good movie, regarding Queen Victoria, called Mrs. Brown played by Dame Judi Dench.

message 6: by Silver (new)

Silver I think I tried to watch that movie once but fell asleep half way through, but that is no mark against the movie. I was enjoying it, it was just really late at night when I was trying to watch it. It would be worth reviting.

message 7: by Shay (new)

Shay | 20 comments I don't know if it's any good, but a book was released this year about Victoria and her Indian "Secretary" Abdul.Victoria and Abdul

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...

message 8: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) Funny Silver. Sometimes you have to watch when you have the time and the inclination.

message 9: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 19, 2010 11:47AM) (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) Stanley Weintraub wrote a biography of Victoria, Victoria an intimate biography, which I thoroughly enjoyed and very much recommend.

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) There is a book about Victoria and Albert that I read a long time ago. I guess you have to read the books to see which one you like.