Challenge: 50 Books discussion

2010 > Lisa's 50 Better Late Than Never

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Aug 16, 2010 11:42AM) (new)

Lisa 1. Little Bee by Chris Cleave - "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave
2. The Magic of Ordinary Days by Ann Howard Creel - "The Magic of Ordinary Days" by Ann Howard Creel
3. The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas - "The Persian Pickle Club" by Sandra Dallas
4. The Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds - "The Rapture of Canaan" by Sheri Reynolds
5. My Enemy's Cradle by Sara Young - "My Enemy's Cradle" by Sara Young
6. Velva Jean Learns to Drive A Novel by Jennifer Niven - "Velva Jean Learns to Drive" by Jennifer Niven
7. Not Without My Sister The True Story of Three Girls Violated and Betrayed by Kristina Jones - "Not Without My Sisters" by Kristina Jones, Celeste Jones, Juliana Buhring

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Aug 16, 2010 11:51AM) (new)

Lisa 8. Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock - "Me and Emma" by Elizabeth Flock
9. The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan - "The Middle Place" by Kelly Corrigan
10. Making the Rounds with Oscar The Extraordinary Gift of an Ordinary Cat by David Dosa - "Making the Rounds with Oscar" by David Dosa
11. Empress Orchid by Anchee Min - "Empress Orchid" by Anchee Minn
12. The Help by Kathryn Stockett - "The Help" by Kathyrn Stockett
13. Roseflower Creek by J.L. Miles - "Roseflower Creek" by J.L. Miles
14. The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold - "The Almost Moon" - by Alice Sebold

message 3: by Lisa (last edited Aug 16, 2010 12:20PM) (new)

Lisa 15. Ghost Girl The True Story of a Child in Peril and the Teacher Who Saved Her by Torey Hayden - "Ghost Girl" by Torey Hayden
16. Whistling In the Dark by Lesley Kagen - "Whistling in the Dark" by Lesley Kagen
17. Carry Me Home A Novel by Sandra Kring - "Carry Me Home" by Sandra Kring
18. The Book of Bright Ideas by Sandra Kring - " The Book of Bright Ideas" by Sandra Kring
19. Henry's Sisters by Cathy Lamb - "Henry's Sisters" by Cathy Lamb
20. My Forbidden Face Growing Up Under the Taliban - A Young Woman's Story by Latifa - "My Forbidden Face" by Latifah
21. Girls in Trouble A Novel by Caroline Leavitt - "Girls in Trouble" by Caroline Leavitt

message 4: by Lisa (last edited Aug 16, 2010 12:35PM) (new)

Lisa 22. Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult - "Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult
23. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell - "The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox" by Maggie O'Farrell
24. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer - "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer
25. Cane River by Lalita Tademy - "Cane River" by Lalita Tademy
Gracelin O'Malley by Ann Moore - " Gracelin O'Malley" by Ann Moore
26. Lottery by Patricia Wood - "Lottery" by Patricia Wood

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 469 comments It would be nice to know who wrote these gems...

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Sorry, just learning out how to use the site to its full potential.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 469 comments Thanks for the rewrite...

message 8: by Lisa (last edited Aug 17, 2010 11:22AM) (new)

Lisa 27. A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer - "A Child Called It" by Dave Pelzer

message 9: by Lisa (last edited Aug 17, 2010 12:01PM) (new)

Lisa 28. Push by Sapphire - "Push" by Sapphire
29. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield
30. Against Medical Advice by James Patterson - "Against Medical Advice" by James Patterson
31. Please Stop Laughing at Me One Woman's Inspirational Story by Jodee Blanco - "Please Stop Laughing at Me" by Jodee Blanco
32. Hurry Down Sunshine A Father's Story of Love and Madness (Vintage) by Michael Greenberg - "Hurry Down Sunshine" by Michael Greenberg
33. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards - " The Memory Keeper's Daughter" by Kim Edwards
34. The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve - "The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
35. The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers - "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" by Carson McCullers

message 10: by Lisa (last edited Sep 01, 2010 06:52AM) (new)

Lisa 36. The Fractured Hues of White Light by Laura J.W. Ryan - "The Fractured Hues of White Light" by Laura J. W. Ryan

message 11: by Lisa (last edited Sep 03, 2010 09:15PM) (new)

Lisa 37. Hyper-chondriac One Man's Quest to Hurry Up and Calm Down by Brian Frazer - "Hyper-chondriac: One Man's Quest to Hurry Up and Calm Down" by Brian Frazer

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa 38. Portrait in Sepia by Isabel Allende - "Portrait in Sepia" by Isabelle Allende

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa 39. True Colors by Kristin Hannah - "True Colors" by Kristen Hannah

message 14: by Lisa (last edited Oct 08, 2010 06:44AM) (new)

Lisa 40. The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives A Novel by Lola Shoneyin - "The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives" by Lola Shoneyin

41. How to Read the Air by Dinaw Mengestu - "How to Read the Air" by Dinaw Mengestu

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa 42. Dark at the Roots A Memoir by Sarah Thyre - "Dark at the Roots: A Memoir" by Sarah Tyre

43. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time  by Mark Haddon - "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime" by Mark Haddon

message 16: by Lisa (last edited Nov 06, 2010 08:45PM) (new)

Lisa 44. Snakewoman of Little Egypt by Robert Hellenga - "Snakewoman of Little Egypt" by Robert Hellenga

message 17: by Lisa (last edited Nov 13, 2010 11:33AM) (new)

Lisa 45. God and Football Faith and Fanaticism in the SEC by Chad Gibbs - "God and Football: Faith and Fanaticism in the SEC" by Chad Gibbs

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Lisa 46. Learning to Cry by Christopher C. Payne - "Learning to Cry" by Christopher C. Payne

message 19: by Lisa (new)

Lisa 47. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt - "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa 48. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay -"Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa 49. The Story of Blima A Holocaust Survivor by Shirley Russak Wachtel - "The Story of Blima: A Holocaust Survivor" by Shirley Russak Wachtel

message 22: by Lisa (last edited Dec 27, 2010 04:08PM) (new)

Lisa 50. Follow The Money by Ross Cavins - "Follow the Money" by Ross Cavins.....AND THAT'S 50!!!!!!!!

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa 51. Greyhound by Steffan Piper - "Greyhound" by Steffan Piper