The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 5.6 - She's a Beauty

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Aug 20, 2010 09:40PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10790 comments Mod
5.6 - She's a Beauty
November 20th is Beautiful Day. Read a book with a cover you consider beautiful.

If you need suggestions OR have suggestions for books to read for this task, please post them here.

message 2: by Kristina Simon (last edited Aug 20, 2010 09:46PM) (new)

Yes -- These books would fit this task:

message 3: by Kristina Simon (last edited Aug 20, 2010 09:48PM) (new)

No -- These books do not fit this task:

message 5: by El (last edited Aug 23, 2010 07:06AM) (new)

El Question: How could a book be considered unacceptable for this task? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all... Seems like any cover might be considered beautiful to someone.

message 6: by Kristina Simon (new)

El wrote: "Question: How could a book be considered unacceptable for this task? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all... Seems like any cover might be considerable beautiful to someone."

You are correct. It's a pretty wide-open task.

message 7: by El (new)

El Okay, the placeholder for "No -- These books do not fit this task" threw me off on this one.

message 8: by Kristina Simon (new)

El wrote: "Okay, the placeholder for "No -- These books do not fit this task" threw me off on this one."

Sorry about that. I just set all the tasks up with the same format ;o).

message 9: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1136 comments Oooh... Gotta put a plug in for book 6 on that list: Intrinsical—my good friend wrote it! (I'm totally jealous that she wrote a book and it's PUBLISHED!!) I haven't read it yet, but it sounds awesome! :)

Hrrrmmm... I wonder if she'd send me a signed copy as a baby gift if I promise to read it to my 3-week-old... ;)

message 10: by Caity (new)

Caity (adivineeternity) Friends don't let friends NOT read to their kids...

I was particularly excited to get The Art of Devotion by Samantha Bruce-Benjamin via UPS today, as it is every bit as beautiful as I was hoping. Most of my books have things like nasty looking dragons and monsters on them. They look cool, but I would call them beautiful in the sense of what I was looking for.

message 11: by ColleenPA (new)

ColleenPA | 84 comments I just wanted to suggest a great blog, Caustic Cover Critic, which offers a thousand ideas for this task. Today he went over a series of newly designed children's classics -- the covers are amazing. Here's the link: http://causticcovercritic.blogspot.co...

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) | 1488 comments Do we need to post the cover for this one?

message 13: by Kristina Simon (new)

Sue T wrote: "Do we need to post the cover for this one?"

Yes. You will need to post the cover in your completed task.

message 14: by Amanda B. (new)

Amanda B. | 115 comments I'm trying to get through my to-read list as much as possible and decided to pick the prettiest cover that I had in there would that be ok? I chose Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell

message 15: by Kristina Simon (new)

Amanda wrote: "I'm trying to get through my to-read list as much as possible and decided to pick the prettiest cover that I had in there would that be ok? I chose Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell"

Sure. That's a very pretty cover.

message 16: by Sue (new)

Sue (suetinge) | 1488 comments This is one I'm thinking of Bellfield Hall (Dido Kent Mysteries, #1) by Anna Dean

message 17: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot I'm probably going to use this book
Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr