One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive 1.0 > September 2010 IDEAS!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) If you have any ideas for what next month's Challenge Rules could be, please post them here!!! :D.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 493 comments We can do something with fall/autumn since September marks the first day of that season.

message 3: by Shay (new)

Shay | 862 comments Scotland Yard was formed on September 29, 1829. Read a mystery with a British detective.

September 28- Chinese Moon Festival, read a book with a moon on the cover or related to the moon, China, etc.

National Dog Week is in September, read a book featuring a dog.

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela B | 400 comments I like the dog one :)

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yeah, I like the dog one too. And we should def do something dealing with fall/autumn. The other one that I really like is the moon one. Maybe we can even give the Brit detetive one a try. Haha :). These are all very good ideas! I think we should only use three of them, though. No more than three ideas an reading options..

message 6: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments An idea that I put into another challenge was...

Read a book that you wouldn't "normally" see yourself reading. This could be by an author you wouldn't read or genre or whatever. If you would like, give us your thoughts of it. Did you like it? Was it awful? Did it still give you that "I would never read that book" feeling?

I have many other ideas...let me copy a few and I will be back.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Meghan's idea.

message 8: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Aug 18, 2010 09:59AM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments In September there is Labor day...read a book where the Author's last name is also a profession. (Butcher, Smith, Abbott, etc.)

September is essentially the end of summer...read a book that does not take place in the summer.

Nice and simple one...Read as many books from you TBR list as possible. List the date you added it (must be before Sept. 1)

Since the official day of fall begins in the Northern Hemisphere in September, read a book that's cover is predominantly a fall color. (Orange, red, brown, yellow).

Since many of us around here like to read series...read books from series or have sequels. Can be anything.

There are a lot of county and state fairs that go through until Labor Day...read books thats cover has cows, ferris wheel, horses, or anything else you would see at a fair.

School is now in full swing and it is time to get down to business...Read "chubby" books (400+ pages) *figured this may help some people with their page counts*

Haha I could keep thinking of ideas but I think this would over flow.

message 9: by Zakiya (last edited Aug 18, 2010 04:15PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Uhmm.. Meghan: Please, don't ruin your brain, girl! LOL! But really, these are ah-mazing. Some of these we will be able to use others for other months. The ones that pertain to only Sept., we will have to sort thru, maybe even vote on (in this topic).

So the ones that pertain to Sept and Sept only:

~Scotland Yard was formed on September 29, 1829. Read a mystery with a British detective.

~September 28- Chinese Moon Festival, read a book with a moon on the cover or related to the moon, China, etc.

~National Dog Week is in September, read a book featuring a dog.

~In September there is Labor day...read a book where the Author's last name is also a profession. (Butcher, Smith, Abbott, etc.)

~September is essentially the end of summer...read a book that does not take place in the summer.

~Since the official day of fall begins in the Northern Hemisphere in September, read a book that's cover is predominantly a fall color. (Orange, red, brown, yellow).

~There are a lot of county and state fairs that go through until Labor Day...read books thats cover has cows, ferris wheel, horses, or anything else you would see at a fair.

And this last one, would you all consider it one that could wait another month?:

~School is now in full swing and it is time to get down to business...Read "chubby" books (400+ pages) *figured this may help some people with their page counts*

message 10: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) So far, my 3 favorites are

~Read a book thats cover is predominantly a fall color.
~Read a book where the authors last name is also a profession.
~Read a book with a moon on the cover ot related to the moon. (Question: If the book title has the word "moon" in it, does this still count for this challenge?)

message 11: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) i like all of them but the ones with labor day. its an american thing, what can i say?

message 12: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) True. No problem. I totally understand :).

message 13: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I can see how it would be a problem but since none of them pertain to the actual day it could still work though. We could also add festivals with the fairs...those happen everywhere from my knowledge of some type.

message 14: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yes, Meghan has a point.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the fall colors option :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.