Jasper Fforde's Books: Thursday Next + Other Books discussion

Member Suggestions for This Group

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Feel free to post your thoughts about how to improve our group in this thread.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Jeff wrote: "I would imagine that most of us have read all of Jasper's books or at least all the TN ones. Perhaps a book-of-the-month group for (re)reading and discussion?"

If the group wants to do that, okay, but I don't have time to participate in ANY more online book of the month discussions. I now gravitate to groups that do not have them. There are always buddy reads, where a subset of group members read books and discuss them in group threads.

message 3: by Renee (last edited Jan 24, 2013 07:02AM) (new)

Renee (renerd) | 38 comments Mod
That's the cool thing about these groups, whoever wants to participate can--and if you don't then that's fine too! If you want to do a book of the month you should go for it...it would be cool to use the existing folders though to keep it organized for future Ffordians.

I think if it allows for people to jump in and out, like if someone reads one month then skips another month, more people might be able to participate. Is that too weird or miss the point entirely? I hope not. :-)

message 4: by Esther (new)

Esther (eshchory) | 2 comments I am doing a Fforde read-a-thon this year anyway so I would be happy to join in.

message 5: by Renee (new)

Would it be helpful to those who want to do the readalong/book of the month to add it as some type of event? Please let me know if I can facilitate in any way or if you'd rather just DIY.
Take care all!

message 6: by Amle (new)

Amle | 11 comments I'd find it fun to list the books mentioned in the Thursday Next series. Perhaps see if anyone wants to read them or discuss them or just see who has read the most out of the insanely long list of books.

message 7: by Harvey (new)

Harvey (jamtheory) | 4 comments That's a really cool idea. Do you know if a list of them all has been compiled anywhere?

message 8: by Amle (new)

Amle | 11 comments I have no idea if it has been done but I decided to start writing them down as I stumbled upon them while reading. However, I find I get distracted from reality while reading, so I fear I might forget to jot down one or two in the process.

message 9: by Renee (new)

Amle wrote: "I'd find it fun to list the books mentioned in the Thursday Next series. Perhaps see if anyone wants to read them or discuss them or just see who has read the most out of the insanely long list of ..."

I haven't seen such a list yet, so you should go for it! You could even start a new thread or something, and I'm glad to help if I can with that.

If there are any folks who are going to be interested in reading along with you, I'd say this is a good place to find them. :-)

message 10: by Amle (new)

Amle | 11 comments Excellent! I'll make my list accessible in a day or two (as I'm on vacation and have relaxing as my greatest priority) and I hope someone can chime in and tell me if they find something missing. But I'll add that to that thread too, I suppose.

message 11: by Harvey (new)

Harvey (jamtheory) | 4 comments This sounds like a really fun thing to do. I'm up for working my way through all of them (although I refuse to finish Spenser's Faerie Queene just in case)

message 12: by Harvey (new)

Harvey (jamtheory) | 4 comments This sounds like a really fun thing to do. I'm up for working my way through all of them (although I refuse to finish Spenser's Faerie Queene just in case)

message 13: by Renee (last edited Aug 14, 2015 10:04AM) (new)

Jamtheory wrote: "This sounds like a really fun..."
If you DID want to get crazy and sneak in Faerie Queene, I found a free audiobook version of this that you can downloand/listen to via LibriVox (Internet Archive)! Aaaand it actually has good reviews, so it seems like a decent version. :-)
https://archive.org/details/faerieque...

message 14: by Amle (new)

Amle | 11 comments Renee wrote: "Jamtheory wrote: "This sounds like a really fun..."
If you DID want to get crazy and sneak in Faerie Queene, I found a free audiobook version of this that you can downloand/listen to via LibriVox (..."

Oh, now I have to read it/ listen to it. Thanks for the tip!

message 15: by Amle (new)

Amle | 11 comments The list of Eyre Affair books is up over here

Jasper Fforde's Books: Thursday Next + Other Books

unread topics | mark unread